Sign in to follow this  
krisjack69

Split Grip rod

I work for wal-mart so I don't make that much money.I am looking for a split grip rod that best for the money.I am going to have to save up enough money to do so.I already have one quantum tour edition ptc 706 which is a Carolina rig rod which i have a revo premier on it and I have a spinning rod quantum tour editon pt which is a drop shot rod which I have a shimano sedona reel on it.I fish mostly stickworms,trickworms and lip-less crankbaits and I just started crankbaits.I only have two lip crankbaits in my tackle bag and have about 4 red eye shads and 1 spro aruku shad.Any help would be very much appreciated.

I wanting a casting rod.I am looking at abu garcia vendetta,mojo,and skeet reese rods and wondering which one would be best.So I'm looking in the 70.00 to 100 price range.

I just picked up a Abu Garcia Vendetta Rod today from BPS for $80. It feels solid, and it got good reviews. I hope I can get out and try it out within the next few days. If so, I will come back with a little bit more to say for you.

I have a Mojo and a Vendetta. Of those two I would definately go for the Vendetta.

Well since I have a carolina rig already I am looking for a worm rod that is sensative.I love the look of the vendetta rods but I only have seen them on the internet.I fish with ocho,trickworms and crankbaits and I like changing baits often.When I dont get bit in a hour or so I look through my tackle bag.I fish at Paradise PFA in tifton ga mostly.

I suggest buying something used from this or other similar boards.  There are great deals out there if you keep an eye open.  I have some kistlers that I'm quite happy with, and I regularly see these among other quality rods for sell within your stated price range.

I have 3 vendetta's and they have been fished hard,and for the money I dont think you will find a better rod. Now I am partial to ABU, but get the 7'm mod fast Model vct70-5 and you can fish most any bait and technique.

Take a look at the Quantum Energy PT rods, they are very underrated and most who have used them, love them. They are $100 or get a Vendetta, I plan to pick one up too and those are around $80.

Its been suggested already that you look on the flea market section of this board.  Their are some great deals to be had if you check in often to pick em up before someone else does.  However, in the 100$ range I like the Falcon Bucoo rods, with the St. Croix Mojo Bass rods as a second. The Bucoo's are a fairly new rod from falcon so there might not be a whole lot of info about them but ou cant go wrong with either. 8-)

I went fishing yesturday and used my new vendetta rod and I caught one bass with a sk ocho weightless.