Sign in to follow this  
Dave D

Quantum Burst opinions?UPDATE!

So I bought one of these reels last year and used it about a dozen times and really liked it. It has burner gears in it and has held up pretty well for my jig/worm rod.

I have the opportunity to buy a few more of these reels for about half price for only a few more days.

Does anyone else have any input on this reels? For the money I just can't see a downfall for this price. But I need to feed the monkey by tomorrow as I'll be out of town this weekend for the end of the sale.

Thanks in advance all!

Dave

If you like it and you can afford to get them, there's no reason not to.  I have had a Code for 3-4 years, my first baitcaster, and have not had a problem with it.

I now have three of the Quantum Aviso reels, which are essentially blue Bursts with one more bearing and are only available at Academy Sports. I love these reels, they are light(graphite frame) and smooth. I would have purchased Bursts but Academy has the Aviso on sale for $39. You cannot beat that with a big stick. If I had more rods to put them on, I would buy more. GET THOSE BURST REELS, they are great deals and reels, then you have a sale price too.

So I bought one of these reels last year and used it about a dozen times and really liked it. It has burner gears in it and has held up pretty well for my jig/worm rod.

Dave

That should be all you need. I have had no bad experiences with Quantum reels, and am getting a new one in next week. woop woop.

So I am now the owner of three of these reels and for the $37 each that I paid I might go get one more. I am a sucker for deals I tell ya.

Somebody needs to cage that monkey!