Sign in to follow this  
rlrsurveying

Shimano Cores?

I tried one in a store the other day and noticed a little "slop" I guess you could say in the anti-reverse. Anyone elese notice this or is it just the reel I tried. I will say I tried another one and it was the same. May be different with line on the spool? I can tell you as far as anti-reverse goes the Daiwa Sol seemed seemed alot better. I love how lite the Cores are. I was just disappointed in the play of the handle.

I haven't really noticed it on my Core.  I've got to Daiwa Sol's and a Core.  Love them both.

With line on the spool, that tends to go away. There will always be this tiny amount of play as the roller press against the springs in the AR bearing. Plus , there's no load on the line carriage, and the spool tension is usually set much lighter than when you actually have a bait on, and its adjusted properly. I used to actually dismiss this is as "its all in your head," until a couple of customers asked why their reels felt so sloppy after a cleaning, but that went away when they were fishing. Now I see what they're talking about, but its totally normal in most cases.

I tried one in a store the other day and noticed a little "slop" I guess you could say in the anti-reverse. Anyone elese notice this or is it just the reel I tried. I will say I tried another one and it was the same. May be different with line on the spool? I can tell you as far as anti-reverse goes the Daiwa Sol seemed seemed alot better. I love how lite the Cores are. I was just disappointed in the play of the handle.

Thats just the "trademark" Shimano backplay all shimanos have it you just have to deal with it

Thats just the "trademark" Shimano backplay all shimanos have it you just have to deal with it

LOL