Sign in to follow this  
Thefishy1

Old Premier vs. Curado

I am replacing an old reel and looking at either the old style Revo Premier or Curado E to replace it.

This will be on my light texas rig rod, and will be throwing rigs from 3/8oz down to 1/32oz and other weightless plastics.

Basically I am wondering which reel would handle those light lures better.

Also, please only respond if you have used both.

I have both reels, well I have the 2009 Revo Premire (when Gander Mtn. 1/2 priced them) and Curado 200 E5.  Let me start by saying I love both reels!  The Revo, I can cast a lure farther, but I feel I have better control in casting with the Curado.  I have not used my Revo for the application you are talking about, caveat!  I can cast a 5" Texas-rigged weightless Fluke (with a 4/0 hook) a good way (about 50') on my Curado.  I just love the centr. brake on the Curado, there is such a big casting "enevolpe," with the Curado, I know I can cast anything, in any condition (with a few minor adjustments).  But, I have only had my Revo for 1 month and seen limited action.  Maybe, not the indepth answer you are looking for, but I would lean towards the Shimano.  I just have surpreme confindence in that reel!  Good Luck!