Sign in to follow this  
ToledoEF

Pflueger Patriarch!!!!

Well, I stumbled onto an awesome deal.... I helped a friend out today and told him no charge. He ended up dropping a 75$ Gander Mt. Gift card in my mailbox. So I went there with the intent or grabbing one of those Pflueger Summit's I had inquired about in my previous thread. I saw the patriarch and it was on clearance, since it was the only one left. I talked the manager into giving me a discount on top of the 15% it was off of clearance price which made it 25% iff the clearance price. Long story short is I ended up with a Pflueger Patriarch for $2.37 out of my own pocket. I was pretty happy and the reel feels super smooth. Its a 7:1 Gear wide spool model. I picked up some of the fireline braid to try with it since that was cheap as well. If I dont like it, I will spool it back with power pro.

Merry friggin' Christmas! ;D

Fished it today, I have it on a 7'6 MH carbonlite and I horsed  a couple fish out of some laydown trees with ease. Cast smooth, so far I like it. I thought something was wrong earlier then realized I had my braid wrapped around the blank instead of flowing smoothly through the guides lol. Thats what I get for not paying attention when I take my line through the guides after spooling it up lol.