Sign in to follow this  
hmongkidBee

Supertuning

Hey guys I got a curado 200B that I would like to get supertuned.  I bought some abec 7 bearings along with the carbontex drag, but haven't installed it in the reel because I'm wanting to get it supertuned first.  So anyone who does it, shoot me a pm.  Thanks in advance.

by putting the upgraded bearings and upgraded drag , that is part of the super tunning process and also polishing friction points on the reels , Mike , who owns Delaware Valley Tackle (our site sponsor ) does this , i will be sending him a Revo SX to have this done shortly , followed by my Inshore and Toro 51 !!!!!  :)

i wonder if the gain of "supertuning" modern gear is worth the price? a professional cleaning makes a huge difference. if the average guy gets their freshly cleaned/supertuned gear back and thinks "Oh My God! this thing has never felt like this", does the cleaning or the supertuning get the credit for that never felt before smoothness?

i wonder if the gain of "supertuning" modern gear is worth the price? a professional cleaning makes a huge difference. if the average guy gets their freshly cleaned/supertuned gear back and thinks "Oh My God! this thing has never felt like this", does the cleaning or the supertuning get the credit for that never felt before smoothness?

Ppl don 't know how good a reel is out of the box because they never bother to have it cleaned, re lube and re oiled before using it for the first time.

"Ppl don 't know how good a reel is out of the box because they never bother to have it cleaned, re lube and re oiled before using it for the first time. "

x2

Ppl don 't know how good a reel is out of the box because they never bother to have it cleaned, re lube and re oiled before using it for the first time.
I agree 100%, but still it is good to use the reel lubricated by the factory as a break in period while under the 1 yr. warranty (just in case)....

Supertuneing is basically the polishing of all free spool friction points in a BC reel.

We are talking deep cleaning of the reel, bearing packs, shims, etc. Then polishing the brake race ring, spool shaft (on one piece shafts), inside of the pinion gear (on one piece spool shaft reels), shims (palming side & cast control).

The rest of the super tune is nothing more that using the proper grease and oils in the proper places and quantities..

If a service center is doing a proper job it shouldn't any more than a first time top quality C&L on a BC reel.

This helps the reel get all it can be, while still stock ....

Adding bearing packs and drag sets is an upgrade, just like adding metal drag stars, pawl caps, cranks, crank paddles etc.

Tight Lines!!!