Sign in to follow this  
ghost_207

2 curado 200e7 vs 1 core 50mg

I would buy the Core 50mg, unless of course you have a pressing need for two reels.  My experience has always been that if there was a higher end piece of equipment I wanted, but settled on a lower priced item, I would eventually end up getting the higher end item in the future.  So if you want to save some money in the long run, just get the Core 50Mg and be prepared to experience euphoria.

I'm exactly the same way!!! It's like buying a GL3 Loomis when you always know in the back of your mind that they make the IMX AND GLX. Or buying a Kistler Magnesium knowing there are Hellium LTA AND LTX'S out there and always wondering how much better you could fish if you had just waited a while longer and saved a few more dollars and just bought the best to begin with. I'm sure we're not all wired this way but that's just been my experience.

By the way, I have two E5's and two E'7's and a Core50....Buy the Core!!!

I can't say that.  The Core 50 is just too small to be comfortable in my hands.  I love my Curados.  I'd take the two.

I fished with a Core and it was a sweet reel. I REALLY like them actually. But is it twice as good as the Curado? As a fisherman, will it benefit me twice as much as having 2 technique specific Curado combos? The answer, in my opinion, is no.

This is the Law Of Diminishing Returns at work. At a certain spending point, you get less bang for your buck beyond that point. IMO, with casting reels, that point is in the $150-200 range(MSRP).

"The law of diminishing returns is a classic economic concept that states that as more investment in an area is made, overall return on that investment increases at a declining rate."

The rumor is that Shimano will introduce a Curado 100 E series reel this summer. There is nothing in their current line-up in the less than $200 dollar range in the smaller size reel/spool.

I'm interested in the Core 50. I have a number of 50mgs as my primary reels except when I need line capacity and/or need to maintain a fast retrieve and then use Curado/Citica 200 E reels.

I'm waiting as although the Core 50 is a sweet reel it seems expensive when essentially (for me) its big advantage is light weight.

The rumor is that Shimano will introduce a Curado 100 E series reel this summer. There is nothing in their current line-up in the less than $200 dollar range in the smaller size reel/spool.

I'm interested in the Core 50. I have a number of 50mgs as my primary reels except when I need line capacity and/or need to maintain a fast retrieve and then use Curado/Citica 200 E reels.

I'm waiting as although the Core 50 is a sweet reel it seems expensive when essentially (for me) its big advantage is light weight.

Yeah I bet they do too. Shimano Japan just recently released the Scorpion 1000xt which is built on the core 50mg frame, but aluminum instead of Mg and weighs in at 6.7oz I think and cost about $250.

I fished with a Core and it was a sweet reel. I REALLY like them actually. But is it twice as good as the Curado? As a fisherman, will it benefit me twice as much as having 2 technique specific Curado combos? The answer, in my opinion, is no.

This is the Law Of Diminishing Returns at work. At a certain spending point, you get less bang for your buck beyond that point. IMO, with casting reels, that point is in the $150-200 range(MSRP).

"The law of diminishing returns is a classic economic concept that states that as more investment in an area is made, overall return on that investment increases at a declining rate."

Yep...But you will love the CH50MG7.

8-)

Yeah I bet they do too. Shimano Japan just recently released the Scorpion 1000xt which is built on the core 50mg frame, but aluminum instead of Mg and weighs in at 6.7oz I think and cost about $250.

They would sell like hotcakes I bet, especially if they come in under $200.