Sign in to follow this  
krisjack69

fluorocarbon Line

I have a Abu Garcia revo premier 2008 model reel rigged with 12lb Berkley 100 percent fluorocarbon line and when I set the hook the spool slips.I would like to know is this common with this line or is it the reel.I dont know a thing about working on reel if its needed.I put the star drag all the till it stops and still does it.it has 12lb drag i believe.

Have you cranked down the drag to make certain the drag isn't set too lightly?

try unspooling the line completely , make sure the line is not slipping on the spool , if possible , tie your line thru the spool holes so it won't slip at all . respool the line and make sure it is packed tightly . you shouldn't have a problem any more ....

It is likely what is happening is the fluoro is actually sliding on your spool. This is common with braid and I imagine could happen fairly easily with fluoro. You may need to take the line off, attach a 5' section of mono to the spool and make sure it is wraped nice and tight, then blood know the mono to the fluoro and fill your spool, mono should not slip on the spool so it should fix your problems...

If your line isn't slipping and it is your drag slipping then your drag washers might need to be replaced. Sometimes they get glazed because of use and become slick and lack the friction to stop slipping.

Some slippage isn't a bad thing.

Really! I would never allowed line to slip on any spool on any reel of mine. A relatively easy fix if it's not the drag washers. Just unspool and place a strip of electrical tape around the spool knot. It'll never slip again.

If it is the drag washers, best get them replaced A.S.A.P.!