Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Dropshot Rod Question

I am about to purchase a Cabelas Gold Label spinning rod for dropshotting. Out of the rods in this link what should i go with? 7' Light power?

I generally like to use 6'6" but if the 7' is better for this technique I will go with this one.

Thanks,

VC

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0066934123918a&navCount=1&podId=0066934&parentId=cat21428&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21404-cat21406-cat21428_TGP&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21428&hasJS=true

IMO ML/F length in either length, 7' is my personal preference.

IMO ML/F length in either length, 7' is my personal preference.

I didnt have the link up when u posted. Out of the 6'6" M or the 7' L which one would u go with?

Thanks

i have two of the cabelas XMLti dropshot rods...they're 6'9" and medium action and i love them to death. i think light is waaay too light for dropshotting. i'd recommend going with medium in either the 6'6" or, preferably, the 7'0".

i have two of the cabelas XMLti dropshot rods...they're 6'9" and medium action and i love them to death. i think light is waaay too light for dropshotting. i'd recommend going with medium in either the 6'6" or, preferably, the 7'0".

Do you think this rod specifically will work well for this technique. I don't think i will dropshot all that much