Sign in to follow this  
SoFlaBassAddict

Fluoro questions

So my old man was at BPS and decided to grab me a spool of fluoro since I've been thinking about using it. I'm a mono/hybrid kind of person. It's cheap, easy to use, etc etc. He got a 250 yd spool of 8lb Vicious. I've heard some good, and some bad about this line. The rod I'd use it on currently has 10lb Suffix on it. The rod recommends minimum of 10 lbs. Should I just try this stuff out as leader material or what. I've never spooled a reel with fluro before mainly because of the cost. I only use two casting rods, so I change lures/hooks/weight frequently and tend to use line quickly. I was thinking just to use a short length as leader material just for the benefits of being less abrasive. What do you guys think?

I've heard conflicting opinions on the whole visibility thing with fluro vs mono vs stuff like yo-zuri. I really do like using yo-zuri though, especially at the price of it.

So my old man was at BPS and decided to grab me a spool of fluoro since I've been thinking about using it. I'm a mono/hybrid kind of person. It's cheap, easy to use, etc etc. He got a 250 yd spool of 8lb Vicious. I've heard some good, and some bad about this line. The rod I'd use it on currently has 10lb Suffix on it. The rod recommends minimum of 10 lbs. Should I just try this stuff out as leader material or what. I've never spooled a reel with fluro before mainly because of the cost. I only use two casting rods, so I change lures/hooks/weight frequently and tend to use line quickly. I was thinking just to use a short length as leader material just for the benefits of being less abrasive. What do you guys think?

I've heard conflicting opinions on the whole visibility thing with fluro vs mono vs stuff like yo-zuri. I really do like using yo-zuri though, especially at the price of it.

then why change if you do good on that line !  :)

I have 6lb Vicious on a spinning set up that I use for shallow cranks 1" - 6ft and it works just fine and very little line memory but I spray it with KVD line and lure also.

Hope that helps you a bit