Sign in to follow this  
Craiger12

Dobyns 735C vs 765C

I'm looking for a comparison of these two rods, or any input from those who have used them. My intended applications will be frogs (hollow body and buzz frogs) and heavier jigs and t-rigs in moderate cover. The rod will be used for casting and pitching, not flipping. Ideally, I would get the 735 for frogs and the 765 for pitching jigs and t-rigs into cover, but I can only have one so I'm looking for the best compromise. Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm looking for a comparison of these two rods, or any input from those who have used them. My intended applications will be frogs (hollow body and buzz frogs) and heavier jigs and t-rigs in moderate cover. The rod will be used for casting and pitching, not flipping. Ideally, I would get the 735 for frogs and the 765 for pitching jigs and t-rigs into cover, but I can only have one so I'm looking for the best compromise. Thanks in advance for any input.

I just bought the 735c. it's stought but light and would work great for moderate cover. have you thought of using the 736c I just bought it too and feel it's better for the reel nasty stuff. The 735 would work great if your set on the 5. never fished the 765C ask david .. he would know better than me but you can't go wrong with either.

I have actually asked David this exact question already and was looking for the opinion of others in addition to his. I am set on a 5 power as I could not see myself needing anymore power than this. Thanks for your input, I'm pretty set on the 735 at this point.

i have the 735 and it is the most versatile rod i own. i love it to death and am now considering adding a 736 to my arsenal. hollow body frogs are an interesting lure. a rod with a little bit of tip to it will really launch them pretty far but you want a faster rod in case the fish get stuck in the salad. that being said, i'd opt for 735...it pitches like a dream. unless you do a lot of flippin' and you say you're not, i don't see why you'd even consider the 765. the 735 does t-rigs, pitchin' jigs and frogs great.

I just had a pair of 735C delivered yesterday and I'll be using them today for the first time. One will be for pitching and casting medium sized T rigs, Senkos and jigs around moderate cover. The other will be for most frogging, with a 766C being used to backup both 735Cs in heavy cover for jigs, T rigs, pitching, flipping, and frogs.

I'm very happy with the 735C. It appears to be an extremely versatile rod. The tip is much faster and more suitable for worming than the 734 that I picked up for pitching. The 734C is now my spinnerbait rod, and it has performed extremely well.

PM sent, Craiger.