Sign in to follow this  
zero

i need help on vbs on curado

i just bought a curado 200e5 30 mins ago at bps and i dont know how to set the vbs system so i can toss light crankbait

start by having 4 brakes off and 2 on. Practice for a bit then put 4 brakes on and 2 off. This is how I have my BS set. It casts a mile while still giving great control of your spool

start by having 4 brakes off and 2 on. Practice for a bit then put 4 brakes on and 2 off. This is how I have my BS set. It casts a mile while still giving great control of your spool

Vinney, but I run almost all my Curado's with

4 brakes in/off & 2 brakes out/on.

My understanding of you're instructions would be backwards for some one just learning.

Just my 2 cents worth

Nick O

i just bought a curado 200e5 30 mins ago at bps and i dont know how to set the vbs system so i can toss light crankbait

Zero,

your rod & line, are going to have a major impact on how you set the brakes. I usually use more brakes for lighter lures. But then I'm an old man and don't have the most talented thumbs in the state.

I'm sure some of the guys will chime in soon enough.

Tight lines,

Nick O

I would start with 4 on, as you get confident, go to 2 on..cast the lure, and if you are having trouble, go back to 4 on. Make sure the spool tension is set the way you need it..

I don't have a Curado, but I do have the Castaic, and Chronarch..Castaic has 2 brakes on, the Chronarch has 0 on..

I would start with 4 out/2 in.

I have an older Curado that I have always set 2 out/4 in and never had an issue.  Bought the new Curado, set it as always and had overrun every cast.  Set it to the 4 out/2 in and haven't had a problem since.

Eric