Sign in to follow this  
Sqvedgis

GLX Senko Rod

I'm looking at a few different models for working 5-7" Senkos through moderate cover.  I'm struggling with which model between the BCR803, BCR853 or BCR893.  I'm going to pair it up with a Curado E7.  The 893 seems like overkill (7'5") and is a bit heavier, but maybe I'm missing something.

Is there any specific application where each length has its' own strengths, or is it just feel and preference?  Or is there another model that I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance

I prefer spinning tackle for Senkos, but my

dedicated rod for weighted soft plastics is

the MBR844C. If you are set on the BCR, I

would recommend the 854. However, for a

lot more fun, check out the MBR842C.

8-)

A 7" senko is a pretty hefty piece of plastic that I wouldn't comfortably toss on either the 803 or 853 around moderate cover.  The 893 would handle that bait best of the three you've mentioned, but would be much better on the BCR 864 GLX Senko rod.  If you weren't going with anything more than a 6" senko most often, the 893 GLX is an absolute blast to fish with!  Good luck with your choice :)

The BCR893 is my recommendation.  I like it so much that I have two of them.  They also make for a good crankbait rod and worm rod.  I love the 7'5 length.   

sold my 7'5 cuz it was just too big and didnt have the action I like. I dont throw senkos much anymore so I dont really miss it at all. If I do throw them its wacky and this isnt the rod for that imo

The BCR893 is my recommendation. I like it so much that I have two of them. They also make for a good crankbait rod and worm rod. I love the 7'5 length.

Hmm...

Kinda forgot about this one. Almost everyone says

this is THE Senko rod.

8-)

Although it's not a GLoomis, the best Senko rod I've had the pleasure of using is my Gan Craft Killers Junk.  Paired with a Steez 7.1 and 55 Samurai braid, I use a Gamy 5/0 EWG.  You can almost feel the fish fart as he passes by your senko...

http://www.gancraft.com/killers00/junk.html

Although it's not a GLoomis, the best Senko rod I've had the pleasure of using is my Gan Craft Killers Junk. Paired with a Steez 7.1 and 55 Samurai braid, I use a Gamy 5/0 EWG. You can almost feel the fish fart as he passes by your senko...

http://www.gancraft.com/killers00/junk.html

Hey Robert,

What is the best Horny Toad Rod you have ever fished?

The one I had built. :)  There is a thread somewhere here about it.

The one I had built. :) There is a thread somewhere here about it.

I saw that thread...I am in love with that rod.

I think your wise going with a 3 power. I have a bsr852 & find it lacking on long hook set. I' ve been toying with the idea of a bsr803.