Sign in to follow this  
bassmanET

Need a new Baitcasting rod

My last trip was not a good day of fishin (but better than a good day at work ;)). Was fishin alone, just pushed my crawdad into water & was pulling trailer out to park it. Well my new Berkley lighting rod & Abu silver max reel was hang over the edge of the boat. As I pulled the trailer out it clips my rod & snaps it in half $#!^$#!@^# :'(!!

So, I'm now looking for a new baitcasting rod. I just recently also was thinking about getting a second baitcasting rod. One set up for jigs & worms with maybe with braided line. The second with mono for topwater, spinnerbaits & crankin.

Does anyone have any recommendations. It wasn't the most expensive set up but it worked well for me.

I'm looking to spend no more than $50.

Thanks for help!

Sorry to hear about your rod... hate it when that happens. At that price point you probably can't beat the Berkley Lightning Shock rods. If you can find another $20 in a couch cushion, a Shimano Clarus would be a nice upgrade.

http://www.***.com/Berkley_Lightning_Shock_Casting_Rods/descpage-BLSC.html

http://www.***.com/Shimano_Clarus_Casting_Rods/descpage-SHCLCR.html

Free shipping on ALL rods at Cabelas right now.

TW has free shipping on anything over  50.00...all the time.. ;)

I would also look at the Shimano Clarus. For 80.00 and a lifetime warranty, and it's a great rod for the $$, I have 3 of them..they are tough to beat.

I second the Berkley Lightning Shock.  I haven't fished one but my ultra-reliable in-store assessment tells me its a good rod for the $.  Others that have fished it seem to love it.  Darn nice looking, too.