-HAWK-

Show off your Stuff

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, MDbassin said:

20180304_102338-2268x3024.jpg

I love the photo idea with the 'fan' look! Why not show some more skin? This is a PG-13ish forum, we can handle seeing the reels without their 'clothes' on:lol:

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, chubaka said:

Antares DC with the Diablo Spec-R

S3OqkWP.jpg

Nice wood! I mean check out that shiny new outfit!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/7/2018 at 7:08 PM, kickerfish1 said:

I love the photo idea with the 'fan' look! Why not show some more skin? This is a PG-13ish forum, we can handle seeing the reels without their 'clothes' on:lol:

20180311_191907-2721x3628.jpg

Ok here's the unrated version. 😂

2 Shimano Curado I

2 Shimano Chronarch MGL

2 Daiwa Tatula ct

2 Lews Tournament Pro G

1 Shimano Curado K

Shimano Stradic CI4+

Shimano Nasci

Not pictured: 1 Lews Custom....She is sick right now lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just received my brand new 7'0" m cronos casting rod at a great deal. This rod looks and feels amazing. Build quality is great. Throwing my sv105 on it, which I've been tinkering with the last few months since I've had it. Was sitting on a 7'0" m Carbonlite rod, which I really enjoyed. I know I'm going to like this new combo a lot. 

20180314_222905-min.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MountainMan83 said:

Just received my brand new 7'0" m cronos casting rod at a great deal. This rod looks and feels amazing. Build quality is great. Throwing my sv105 on it, which I've been tinkering with the last few months since I've had it. Was sitting on a 7'0" m Carbonlite rod, which I really enjoyed. I know I'm going to like this new combo a lot. 

20180314_222905-min.jpg

Looks great!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When your new Ci4 has a bad bearing but the forum pushes you in a different direction. Its not as free spinning as a Stradic (the sealing is much better at the handle and main shaft on this one) but when you turn the handle you can feel everything just matches up better.

Luvias_zpsy46hg9ei.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PatrickKnight said:

When your new Ci4 has a bad bearing but the forum pushes you in a different direction. Its not as free spinning as a Stradic (the sealing is much better at the handle and main shaft on this one) but when you turn the handle you can feel everything just matches up better.

Luvias_zpsy46hg9ei.jpg

Well done

• Thanks 1

PSBA77zm.jpg

gjyr8RDm.jpg

cV3VaAum.jpg

Figured I have been around here long enough I might as well show you what Im working with! Only thing missing is a Curado K I pick up from work on Tuesday! Mostly spinning stuff as Im a walleye/crappie guy first as we tend to fish out of my dads boat and he doesn't get too much kick out of the bass fishing. But I love talking equipment and learning so I ended up on bassresource!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PatrickKnight said:

Luvias_zpsy46hg9ei.jpg

This was a good decision!  You'll love the reel!  And for what you got it for, you got a STEAL!  ;)

• Thanks 1

New arsenal for 2018 covered all my basis frog rod cranking rod jerk bait plastics bit pricey but it’s worth it:D

9A87AFC5-A7D0-4E61-ADB1-8CB2E399CC2B.jpeg

Got it from Japan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/18/2018 at 11:24 PM, Burros said:

New arsenal for 2018 covered all my basis frog rod cranking rod jerk bait plastics bit pricey but it’s worth it:D

Got it from Japan 

Funny....which one is the Frog Rod?

10 hours ago, georgeyew said:

Funny....which one is the Frog Rod?

It’s the mag heavy on the side with 60 pound braid .)

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2018 at 10:24 PM, Burros said:

Got it from Japan 

This had me on the floor LOL

• Like 1

Traded in my (4) Exsence 3000's for (4) new Stella 3000 FJ's this week and wow....  They're like a Rolex, can't feel a single gear and smooth as butter!  :thumbsup3:

Just got to spool up 8lb Tatsu on them and they'll be ready to be broke in up north this spring on some smallies... :thumbsup3:

27107944218_c1d39945b4_k.jpg

• Like 9

OMG!  

Beautiful!

:easter-119:

20 hours ago, 18RangerZ520L said:

Traded in my (4) Exsence 3000's for (4) new Stella 3000 FJ's this week and wow....  They're like a Rolex, can't feel a single gear and smooth as butter!  :thumbsup3:

Just got to spool up 8lb Tatsu on them and they'll be ready to be broke in up north this spring on some smallies... :thumbsup3:

Awesome! Collection!

20 hours ago, 18RangerZ520L said:

Only got 4 of them?! I'm disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2018 at 4:31 PM, Yumeya said:

18RangerZ520L why did you trade in the Exsence reels?

I figure he has a prostaff deal based on his conquest post,  so if you can get them at a good price....why not?

I think I just got a smoking deal on ebay.  Found an Loomis CR723 GLX misslabled as a GL3, with a reel for $300.  I emailed the seller and they confirmed it was a GLX, so I jumped on it.  I have an IMX version of that rod and love it, so I am pumped to be able to upgrade to the GLX version.  

However, I cannot figure out what reel I am getting, it looks like either a Luna or a Millionaire, but not exacty either.  Anyone have an idea what it is?

DVh4k8i.pngVBOMsxK.png

vHj8Drz.png

HZSgpFO.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

I think I just got a smoking deal on ebay.  Found an Loomis CR723 GLX misslabled as a GL3, with a reel for $300.  I emailed the seller and they confirmed it was a GLX, so I jumped on it.  I have an IMX version of that rod and love it, so I am pumped to be able to upgrade to the GLX version.  

However, I cannot figure out what reel I am getting, it looks like either a Luna or a Millionaire, but not exacty either.  Anyone have an idea what it is?

Daiwa Millionaire 253A. That's what the side plate says. 

3 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

DVh4k8i.pngVBOMsxK.png

vHj8Drz.png

HZSgpFO.png

Yep...you got a good deal!  Those CVZ reels go for about $150 in that shape (maybe a little more) and the GLX is older with the Wiebe reel seat.  That's a nice setup but the reel may be a little wide and large for that rod.

3 hours ago, FrankN209 said:

Daiwa Millionaire 253A. That's what the side plate says. 

Hah, for some reason when I was looking at the pictures on my phone I couldn’t see that the reel was two-tone, it was incredibly obvious when I opened the pictures on a computer. 

40 minutes ago, Big-Bass said:

Yep...you got a good deal!  Those CVZ reels go for about $150 in that shape (maybe a little more) and the GLX is older with the Wiebe reel seat.  That's a nice setup but the reel may be a little wide and large for that rod.

Yea, I’m pretty excited!   I don’t think I have a use for the real, so I’ll probably sell it.  If I can get 150 bucks for it then the rod becomes an incredible deal.  As I said, I love the IMX version of the rod and I’m really excited to be able to fish it head to head with the GLX version.  

• Like 1

The reel is worth about $100 these days. Possibly up to $125 if it’s in really good condition and the buyer doesn’t care if it has a box and documents or not. Still not a bad deal on the rod if you are able to sell the reel for $100. 

Yea, I have been looking around a bit and they don't seem to have much of a following. I have found very very little info about them.