Jump to content
Catt

So Yall Want To Learn Toledo Bend?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, RonnieF said:

 Catt, have you been doing any damage in the Pool?

 

Nah!  😉

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg

IMG_05291.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Catt said:

 

 

Ha. Definitely looks like a waste of time in that mudhole! :blink:

I've almost been tempted to drag my kayak over there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Catt said:

 

Nah!  😉

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg

IMG_05291.jpg

Man I miss my old stompin grounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacassine has put out a lot Hawg this year & got 2 1/2 months left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacassine has fished a little weird this year with more big fish being caught off the bank than in boats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea my brother in law got a big female over 8 pounds awhile back.

 

Shame is he ate her, big dummy.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's helped bank fisherman is they kept the grass along the bank cut so you can pretty much walk the the entire road to the south boat launches. I 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 9:56 AM, Catt said:

What's helped bank fisherman is they kept the grass along the bank cut so you can pretty much walk the the entire road to the south boat launches. I 

Baw I caught some fine chu pick long that road before, right by the ramp, loaded up 4 ice chest one afternoon with them.

 

Yummy chu pick pattys for months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacassine hijacked thread. I love it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingmotorboat said:

Lacassine hijacked thread. I love it

 

Bass fishing hijacked thread!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Catt said:

 

Bass fishing hijacked thread!  😉

Ain't fished in A month due to work. Lacassine bank fishing sounds fun

Would also like to add the last trip I caught a 5.5 and a 4 on calcasieu

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where y'all went?  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent too much time having work done on the camp. I did get out for 2 hours, 130-330 Friday afternoon. Missed 3 and caught 2 fishing a drop off into 30’. Biggest was 5.25 and the other was 2.5. Carolina rigged Old Monster California 420. 

53463C93-8B41-4476-922A-140AB46E5F0E.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 AM, Catt said:

Where y'all went?  😉

Getting ready for deer season and building a new 6.5 grendel rifle.

 

Ain't got much time for them big girls right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RonnieF Nice! 😉

 

11 hours ago, A5BLASTER said:

building a new 6.5 grendel rifle.

 

Interesting!

 

The 6.5 mm is making a little comeback!

 

Had a friend who lived just north of Jackson- Bienville, all he ever hunted with was a Remington 7600  6.5 Creedmoor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Catt said:

@RonnieF Nice! 😉

 

 

Interesting!

 

The 6.5 mm is making a little comeback!

 

Had a friend who lived just north of Jackson- Bienville, all he ever hunted with was a Remington 7600  6.5 Creedmoor.

Yea that 6.5 mm is a dag good bullet.

 

Love me some 6.5 grendel this makes number 2 for me and have one more planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a .308 guy but I did spend a couple seasons in West Texas with a .240 Weatherby Magnum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Catt said:

I'm a .308 guy but I did spend a couple seasons in West Texas with a .240 Weatherby Magnum.

That's why I like the 6.5 grendel round so much with the right load it almost matches 308 under 500 yards and after 500 catches it and pass's  it.

 

With much less recoil and muzzle blast.

 

I have taken my 18 inch grendel to 1000 yards several times with the 129 grain ablr load.

 

Lmao, whoops done went from a bass thread to a gun thread lmao.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RonnieF said:

Spent too much time having work done on the camp. I did get out for 2 hours, 130-330 Friday afternoon. Missed 3 and caught 2 fishing a drop off into 30’. Biggest was 5.25 and the other was 2.5. Carolina rigged Old Monster California 420. 

53463C93-8B41-4476-922A-140AB46E5F0E.jpeg

 

I recognize that spot.  😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A5BLASTER Super Match M1A™  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catt...a guy was telling me he ran across a hump near Tennessee Bay in the boat road. You know anything about that? He talked like it got pretty shallow...which might not be good if the water levels get low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Swampghost said:

Catt...a guy was telling me he ran across a hump near Tennessee Bay in the boat road. You know anything about that? He talked like it got pretty shallow...which might not be good if the water levels get low.

 

At 168.5 & dropping ya kinda wanna pay attention everywhere!

 

I fish several spots that are either in the boat lane or just off of it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catt said:

 

At 168.5 & dropping ya kinda wanna pay attention everywhere!

 

I fish several spots that are either in the boat lane or just off of it!

Still blows my mind when I talk to people that have never seen the lake at this level or lower and they say they never would have thought there was stomps and high spots like there is in this lake.

 

That's why I tell people all the time slow down this lake will eat you up and spit you out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A5BLASTER

 

What amazes me the number of people who don't understand 169' is the lake average! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×