KU_Bassmaster.

For Us KC Area Guys - Fishing Reports

8,265 posts in this topic

La Cygne was slow as expected Thursday, but at least when I got one it was pretty nice. 1 fish short of a limit and a couple more shorts.

58ccd145cadf6_2017-03-1801_15_46.thumb.jpg.b8fdcb9dad9e2f3f1cbafee95f6bdc68.jpg

1 person likes this

Also, who do you guys use for detailing your boats? :)

Best five with customers today at 18#. Pretty consistent pattern the past few weeks. Was giggling at all the boats in the hot water. Sounded like it was a tough day for them from the guys at the gatehouse.. 

IMG_9227.thumb.JPG.e84688287025cdae1df2bd9d640ef447.JPG

16 hours ago, MXHalofan said:

Also, who do you guys use for detailing your boats? :)

Me, myself, and elbow grease. 

2 people like this

3 years without a boat ended last night.   Can't wait to get out and fish again.

7 people like this

6 minutes ago, inunishi said:

3 years without a boat ended last night.   Can't wait to get out and fish again.

Congrats! What'd you get?

Where would you go if you had all day Monday to fish?  Thinking about Wolf Creek but wouldnt mind staying closer to KC.  

On 3/18/2017 at 1:22 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

La Cygne was slow as expected Thursday, but at least when I got one it was pretty nice. 1 fish short of a limit and a couple more shorts.

58ccd145cadf6_2017-03-1801_15_46.thumb.jpg.b8fdcb9dad9e2f3f1cbafee95f6bdc68.jpg

Bluebasser, any signs of fish moving up at la cygne?  do you think we are getting close to a spawn in the warm water lakes?  thx

1 hour ago, tyson2925 said:

Where would you go if you had all day Monday to fish?  Thinking about Wolf Creek but wouldnt mind staying closer to KC.  

83 degrees and light winds, take your pick. I'm getting the urge to try Olathe or Hillsdale. 

19 minutes ago, tyson2925 said:

Bluebasser, any signs of fish moving up at la cygne?  do you think we are getting close to a spawn in the warm water lakes?  thx

I didn't see any but the water temp are getting close. The monster that got caught out there yesterday looked like she was about to pop.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tyson2925 said:

Wolf sucks don't go

3 people like this

I am guessing everyone got blown off Wolf today???   Maybe good tomorrow!  Still can't decide.  And giants rolling out of lacygne has me interested

15 minutes ago, tyson2925 said:

I am guessing everyone got blown off Wolf today???   Maybe good tomorrow!  Still can't decide.  And giants rolling out of lacygne has me interested

New lake record yesterday, ounce shy of 11 pounds.

3 people like this

40 minutes ago, tyson2925 said:

Had another good morning and was called off at 11:30 so not too bad. Just about when it had slowed down anyway. @Bluebasser86 and I have Flair and his buddies out on Wolf tomorrow.

2 people like this

On 3/17/2017 at 10:01 PM, MXHalofan said:

Neat pics. I'm going to install the 93 tomorrow. Anyone want to come help me install it? 

20170317_192055.jpg

You might want to crank the front of your boat all the way to the roller next time you load it. 

Worked on the boat all weekend. Really happy with my setup. Did all the season prep stuff, installed the 93SV and built a box for the front deck.  Had just enough left over carpet. Now I need to test the 93 :)

20170320_101856.jpg

Here are some pictures and the video from the giant I caught at LaCygne this weekend. She weighed 10 ls 15 oz and released to fight another day.

bass1.jpg

18 people like this

13 minutes ago, jeremycnwy said:

Here are some pictures and the video from the giant I caught at LaCygne this weekend. She weighed 10 ls 15 oz and released to fight another day.

Awesome fish man!  Congrats. Looked like you were in complete shock!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, jeremycnwy said:

bass1.jpg

Holy moley! What line did you have on that you were able to wrestle a bruiser that big out of brush without getting broke off? 

6 hours ago, jeremycnwy said:

bass1.jpg

Awesome! 

Tested out the 93 today. Side imaging didn't show much cover. Thinking I need to wire it directly to the batt to give it more power. Unless anyone has an idea for me to try. Really loved having the GPS and maps. Super impressed with it overall. In this pic, on the left side were trees laying perpendicular to the shore, they barely show up on SI. Or the right is some interference I think I'm getting from a strake a couple inches from the transducer. 

20170320_182959.jpg

33 minutes ago, MXHalofan said:

Tested out the 93 today. Side imaging didn't show much cover. Thinking I need to wire it directly to the batt to give it more power. Unless anyone has an idea for me to try. Really loved having the GPS and maps. Super impressed with it overall. In this pic, on the left side were trees laying perpendicular to the shore, they barely show up on SI. Or the right is some interference I think I'm getting from a strake a couple inches from the transducer. 

20170320_182959.jpg

Looks like interference with your prop. Be sure that you run power to your cranking battery and I have a fuse on mine as well 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, jeremycnwy said:

bass1.jpg

Really an incredible fish. How long did it take for you to realize it was a bass? I've caught a ton of drum off that bank, that's what I would have been thinking the whole way. Good to hear she's back in the lake, looks like the ol gal was about to pop. 

2 people like this

Awesome fish.

SE Kansas grass grower

6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Really an incredible fish. How long did it take for you to realize it was a bass? I've caught a ton of drum off that bank, that's what I would have been thinking the whole way. Good to hear she's back in the lake, looks like the ol gal was about to pop. 

I had no idea what I had until I got her to the surface. When they get wrapped up a two pounder came make you think you really have something lol 

14 hours ago, Advantage said:

Holy moley! What line did you have on that you were able to wrestle a bruiser that big out of brush without getting broke off? 

10 pound Sunline FC Sniper.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, MXHalofan said:

You should be running 800kHz also. If your unit allows. Also play with the range. I like 70 ft. to start and you can go up and down from there. Blue seems to be the best color palette for me when side scanning.

Here's a screenshot of a big rockpile I took last week.

17353191_10101126277877725_462065835894375621_n.jpg.6a4ecd1edfa716631139c85a49bff06d.jpg

5 minutes ago, jeremycnwy said:

10 pound Sunline FC Sniper.

Well the secret is out that you were crankin'! Since you said you caught it on a 704CB with 10 lb. flouro :wink1: FIRST. CAST. OF THE MORNING.

Hope you get to keep that lake record for a long time!

1 person likes this