KU_Bassmaster.

For Us KC Area Guys - Fishing Reports

I fished LaCygne yesterday afternoon with high hopes of pre-front, full moon, late fall feedbag fish... 

I was mistaken.

I caught one short, but spent all my time south of the outlet. Water temps around the dam were 51-53. I did see quite a few boats up lake- which makes me wonder how much fish activity has changed with one unit coming online. 

The conditions were good enough that I bet someone figured them out.

-Jared

On 12/4/2017 at 10:06 AM, KCFinesse said:

I fished LaCygne yesterday afternoon with high hopes of pre-front, full moon, late fall feedbag fish... 

I was mistaken.

I caught one short, but spent all my time south of the outlet. Water temps around the dam were 51-53. I did see quite a few boats up lake- which makes me wonder how much fish activity has changed with one unit coming online. 

The conditions were good enough that I bet someone figured them out.

-Jared

There was a tournament out there that day. I think 12 something won it, so nobody figured it out too good.

I fished Pleasanton East in the gale force winds Monday and actually caught a bunch of fish, but a majority were dinks to not even big enough to be called dinks. I had 1 exception to that rule in the form of a beautiful 5.53 pound fish on a homemade finesse jig in less than a foot of water in a willow tree. No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Fished Wolf for a few hours Tuesday morning before getting called off. It was really low and really slow. Dragging plastic was best but also caught them on a spinnerbait, jerkbait, and ned. Lots of my favorite spots are on dry land right now. It could be a long winter if Wolf is off and La Cygne is cold. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 1:19 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

There was a tournament out there that day. I think 12 something won it, so nobody figured it out too good.

I fished Pleasanton East in the gale force winds Monday and actually caught a bunch of fish, but a majority were dinks to not even big enough to be called dinks. I had 1 exception to that rule in the form of a beautiful 5.53 pound fish on a homemade finesse jig in less than a foot of water in a willow tree. No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Fished Wolf for a few hours Tuesday morning before getting called off. It was really low and really slow. Dragging plastic was best but also caught them on a spinnerbait, jerkbait, and ned. Lots of my favorite spots are on dry land right now. It could be a long winter if Wolf is off and La Cygne is cold. 

did something change at La Cygne? I have heard from a couple people, that even when they are generating electricity the discharge was cold.

5 hours ago, Weedwhacker said:

did something change at La Cygne? I have heard from a couple people, that even when they are generating electricity the discharge was cold.

They built a new stack that follows the strict EPA laws and is much more efficient. I'm guessing that has something to do with it but there's only a small sample size of winters since they built it. We still managed to catch fish all last winter and there was at least 3 10 pound fish caught last year. 

• Thanks 1

A quick video from Bourbon County Lake, nothing over 2 pounds but the numbers more than made up for it.  The warming trend really got the bass fired up.  The lake is down almost 10' with the winter draw down, we had to push the boat off the trailer to launch.

• Like 2

Only had a few hours yesterday on La Cygne in the johnboat with a trolling motor only, but still did pretty good considering how limited I was in area and time.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: sky, outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 2