KU_Bassmaster.

For Us KC Area Guys - Fishing Reports

12 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Still fish to be caught in the cold water lakes. Only had an hour from the bank and caught about dozen and missed several more. Even caught a few on a float-n-fly, something I've never done much of but they seemed to like it pretty well. Bites are weird on it, the bobber just sinks basically.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

All fish are were sniffed and given licks of approval.

Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoor and water

Image may contain: outdoor and waterImage may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: water, outdoor and natureImage may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: one or more people, outdoor, water and nature

Nice!!! Which lake did you go to?? 

34 minutes ago, doughboy1979 said:

Nice!!! Which lake did you go to?? 

Parker City Lake 

57 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Parker City Lake 

Never even heard of it.  LOL, but then again I'm a noob at fishing so all I know are the main lakes people go to.  

36 minutes ago, doughboy1979 said:

Never even heard of it.  LOL, but then again I'm a noob at fishing so all I know are the main lakes people go to.  

It's tiny and doesn't have a paved ramp is probably why. It's the closest lake to my house though, and I can launch my johnboat or kayak no problems.

18 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

It's tiny and doesn't have a paved ramp is probably why. It's the closest lake to my house though, and I can launch my johnboat or kayak no problems.

Nice!!

Looking for a used trolling motor  24 volt, 70+ lb thrust, not brand specific. Around $300. Anybody got anything?

3 over 18 at La Cygne Thursday and lost at least 3 more that would have been keepers. Just one of those days they were swiping at the bait instead of really eating it but they were biting at least so I can't complain too much. Biggest was a 4.89 and we caught fish from the bluffs to the dam and everywhere in between. White bass were hungry and we found them everywhere too. WT 48-61

Image may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

at La Cygne Thursday

Was it busy out there? I’m off of work until January 7th and am contemplating a trip down there on one of the nice-ish (but not too nice because I’ve heard that shuts them down at the powerplants) weekdays.

28 minutes ago, Dirtyeggroll said:

Was it busy out there? I’m off of work until January 7th and am contemplating a trip down there on one of the nice-ish (but not too nice because I’ve heard that shuts them down at the powerplants) weekdays.

It was surprisingly quiet out there, maybe 10 boats at the most and some were crappie fishing. If you make it down on a Friday you could probably jump in the back of my boat. I don't promise anything other than to fish places where they live, if they bite or not is a whole other story. 

Went to La Cygne on xmas eve and it wasn't that busy out.  Maybe 13 boats, so not bad at all.  Fished the outlet again with my daughter and we caught a couple whites, a couple of wipers, and I caught a 3lb LM at the outlet.  However, daughter got cold so we left.  Was only there for about 2.5 hours but they were sure biting that day for us.  

• Like 1

I made it out to Shawnee today and found a couple with a jerkbait CB5-D5217-9950-4-B17-B2-A2-FA62-A5-CE2-F 25-A122-C6-86-B4-4974-A547-CE872-D699317 E621-F595-FF06-4-F22-BA64-7220-B72-A9-BD

• Like 1

Had to shorten my day a lot Friday due to a sick kid, but got some good ones while I was out. 4 fish, 3 were keepers for a little over 14 pounds, biggest was 6.41. 

Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoor and waterImage may contain: Clayton Westgate, child, outdoor and water

• Like 3

I bet the lakes will be busy this weekend with the warm weather coming in!!!  Good luck to anyone fishing this weekend, lol!!!

• Like 1

I gave my step daughter a new pole for Christmas and she got some lures as well and she’s been itching to get out and use it, so we made a quick trip to Shawnee today before I went to work. We had to break ice to get on the water but we both caught a fish. She got a decent sized drum and I got one bass. I later lost my lucky craft pointer when I got a backlash and my braid to leader knot failed. If anyone heads there soon it’s towards the mouth of the golf course cove on the north side maybe 100’ in or so. I looked around but couldn’t find it. 

We went to Coffee County on Saturday and got skunked..  Three of us went and got nothing, not even a bite.  First started by the outlet channel, nothing.  Then went and did the rip-rap by the d**n, nothing.  Was there for about 3.5 hours.  Talked to the wardens and they said it was hit and miss.  Either you caught em, or nothing at all.  Need to figure out winter fishing also as I have never done that before and want to learn.  Overall it was a great day to get and fish and still was fun.  

I hit La Cygne today. 15 mph wind from the west , made the lake pretty rough. Ended up riding waves most of the morning. 

The bite was slow for me. Caught a couple small bass, a couple catfish, and a dozen white bass.

Nothing was big enough to be picture worthy.

Was still nice to be on the water in January with just a light jacket.

Went for about 30 minutes Monday morning to test a jerkbait a buddy painted and gave me to test. Water was stained up from the rain and the bait floated faster than I was hoping even when I switched to larger trebles but still managed a couple little guys.

Image may contain: outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 1

I made it out to lake Shawnee again today and found three bass willing to take a jerkbait. Nothing big but I’ll take them 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

I made it out to lake Shawnee again today and found three bass willing to take a jerkbait. Nothing big but I’ll take them 

is there any Ice left on the lake?

I saw a little bit in the very back of the west boat ramp cove but that was it 

• Like 1

Oh your dog was zoned in on that fish.. Lol good looking dog..

41 minutes ago, GRABBINBASS said:

Oh your dog was zoned in on that fish.. Lol good looking dog..

There's actually 2 of them on the boat with me, but my older dog doesn't care at all about the fish. 

I had thought about putting this in the electronics section, but I figured I’d be better off asking here. I’m thinking about upgrading to a new fish finder and I was wondering if any of them came preloaded with a map of lake Shawnee? My old Lawrence Elite (what became the hook) doesn’t have it, and I know a new chip is a possibility but side imaging seems like it would be fun to play with. I’m mostly looking at the EchoMAP, helix and the elite Ti2’s as they have the ability to make your own maps if the lake isn’t already mapped. I’m also open to any advice as to which one is best and why? 

La Cygne was weird yesterday. Outlet was 47, bluff was 52, dam was 47, ramp was 49, bite was nonexistent. Caught a few whites and one largemouth that went 4.74.

Image may contain: one or more people, water and foodImage may contain: outdoor, water and nature

• Like 1