Sign in to follow this  
GJCbass

Boston Ponds?

Hi Guys -

Looking for good shoreline fishing spots near or close to Boston (little ponds/gems) up to an hour away from Boston?

Let's hear your recommendations! Thanks and good luck on the water!

I hear Jamica Pond in Boston has good access, never fished there though.  It's been recently stocked with trout too and salmon in the winter. Have heard good things.  

Horn pond in Woburn has plenty of access, has decent bass.  This was stocked as well, someone got a 6lb salmon a few weeks ago, I believe on a spoon.  There will be a lot of trout fishemen there.  I hit lower Mystic Lake last weekend for the first time, supposed to be OK fishing.   They're close to each other so you could hit both places if you wanted to fish all day.

Plenty of places along the Charles River from Boston up through Waltham.  Lakes region of the Charles on the west end of Waltham holds some nice bass.  

Google search on Mass Wildwife Pond Maps, they have some good generic info although some of the data is dated.