Sign in to follow this  
Sharkbite

Lake Nockamixon

Hey guys in a few weeks I am going with my father to lake Nockamixon.  I was woundering if any one new of any locations that I should try?

Thanx John

The Nox hasn't been my most productive lake, but I've found that if you stick with weeds you find the bass.  What does work for me there is Stickbaits around the edges of weeds, and Fat Ika's in the pockets of the weeds, and drug over the tops of the matted weeds.

Ok thank Zel.  Wow you sure do fish every were don't ya.  So theres really no special areas?  I see they have llike 4 launches.

I am hosting a tournament there on July 18th.  If you are interested, hit me up.  It's out of Tohickon.  I went out of Haycock a few weeks ago, and caught a few on shallow cranks.  I have heard from a friend, that out of haycock to the left, under the bridge, that there are a few good points to hit.  He caught a few nice ones less than 300 yards on either side after going under the bridge.  I am new to the lake as well, but finding weeds would be a good bet.  I would fish plastics, and maybe some shallow cranks.  If there is any weeds, and you're there early, rubber topwaters, and poppers might be good.  I hope you have luck.  If I were going this weekend, I'd hit the slop (if there were any) early, then shallow crank, and plastics in, and off the weed inside and outside edges.

Good Luck

jamie

I am hosting a tournament there on July 18th. If you are interested, hit me up. It's out of Tohickon. I went out of Haycock a few weeks ago, and caught a few on shallow cranks. I have heard from a friend, that out of haycock to the left, under the bridge, that there are a few good points to hit. He caught a few nice ones less than 300 yards on either side after going under the bridge. I am new to the lake as well, but finding weeds would be a good bet. I would fish plastics, and maybe some shallow cranks. If there is any weeds, and you're there early, rubber topwaters, and poppers might be good. I hope you have luck. If I were going this weekend, I'd hit the slop (if there were any) early, then shallow crank, and plastics in, and off the weed inside and outside edges.

Good Luck

jamie

Hey thanks Jamie.  I am still new to bass fishing all around so I really focus on learning before I enter a tournament.  Thanks for the invite though.  Once I get down there I will let you know how I do.  Keep me posted.  Do you know the depth of that area?

Ok thank Zel. Wow you sure do fish every were don't ya. So theres really no special areas? I see they have llike 4 launches.

I was in a bass club for over a decade and was a tournament director... so I have fished a lot of lakes in eastern PA and a bunch in NJ. At the Nox, I usually go out of Tohickon, and since I only use a trolling motor there, I don't get to go very far. That area I find success in the matted weeds (but as I said before, the Nox hasn't been my most productive lake... but the ones I do catch seem to be of better quality than average for PA lakes).

Ok thank Zel. Wow you sure do fish every were don't ya. So theres really no special areas? I see they have llike 4 launches.

I was in a bass club for over a decade and was a tournament director... so I have fished a lot of lakes in eastern PA and a bunch in NJ. At the Nox, I usually go out of Tohickon, and since I only use a trolling motor there, I don't get to go very far. That area I find success in the matted weeds (but as I said before, the Nox hasn't been my most productive lake... but the ones I do catch seem to be of better quality than average for PA lakes).

Ok well when I get out there you know I will let you know how I do.  So why is it that you only use trolling b/c engine size?  Is that the same situation you are in a Spruce Run?

Ok well when I get out there you know I will let you know how I do. So why is it that you only use trolling b/c engine size? Is that the same situation you are in a Spruce Run?

Good luck there. Remember to go slow with plastics around the matted weeds.

Don't get me started Sharkbite! Lake Nockamixon has a 20HP restriction. My boat has a 150HP motor, therefore I can only use the trolling motor there. Personally, I think any lake that allows gas motors should allow any HP, but limit it to NO WAKE. Unfortunately, government agencies have a tendency to legislate for the 2% of offenders rather than the 98% of law-abiding citizens. Beltzville Lake is a great example of an effective NO WAKE policy. It has an unlimited HP rule, but a very large portion of the lake is designated NO WAKE, and has very little problems with it. I've signed several petitions over the years in favor of the NO WAKE rule for restricted gas motor lakes, but I doubt I will ever see it in my lifetime. >:D

And I usually fish with others that have boats with small motors, or a kicker motor, when I fish Spruce Run.

Ok well when I get out there you know I will let you know how I do. So why is it that you only use trolling b/c engine size? Is that the same situation you are in a Spruce Run?

Good luck there. Remember to go slow with plastics around the matted weeds.

Don't get me started Sharkbite! Lake Nockamixon has a 20HP restriction. My boat has a 150HP motor, therefore I can only use the trolling motor there. Personally, I think any lake that allows gas motors should allow any HP, but limit it to NO WAKE. Unfortunately, government agencies have a tendency to legislate for the 2% of offenders rather than the 98% of law-abiding citizens. Beltzville Lake is a great example of an effective NO WAKE policy. It has an unlimited HP rule, but a very large portion of the lake is designated NO WAKE, and has very little problems with it. I've signed several petitions over the years in favor of the NO WAKE rule for restricted gas motor lakes, but I doubt I will ever see it in my lifetime. >:D

And I usually fish with others that have boats with small motors, or a kicker motor, when I fish Spruce Run.

Yea I agree. I always thought it was  more of a safety issue.  Just like on the del rivers you get alot of nuckle heads clowning around.  I am lucky I just have a 3 HP