Sign in to follow this  
Pez

anybody ever fish at Deal lake? NJ

Was just wondering if any of you guys ever fished deal lake in Asbury Park? Theres a website about deal lake commision, and states its one of the best unknown bass fishing spots in nj! But I cant really find any info.

I'm fishing a tournament there next weekend and I've also never fished it.  I'll be pre-fishing it this weekend so if I remember I'll let you know how it goes. 

All I know about it is it's very shallow (most of the lake is 4-5 feet and the deepest section being 9 feet), the bass feed primarily on Herring which are let in through a flume and there are very many weed beds so the numerous lay downs tend to produce the most fish.

from oct. 14-18 I found out they lowered the lake. Is that going to effect your tournamnet?

Alright Pez my boy, don't bother with Deal Lake.  We put in 8 hours on that scum hole this past weekend and decided not to even bother with the tourney.  We couldn't find water over 5 feet deep and there was almost no bottom structure, we threw an assortment of baits without a tap, it's a good part of the lake is in the middle of the run-down has been city of Asbury Park, it's full of trash and did I mention there aren't any fish?

Fished it once years back.  Fishing was so, so.  I thought I was going to get mugged when I was loading my boat back on the trailer.  There is small lake on Ocean Ave heading towards west end Long Branch (Lake Takanakee, I know I messed up the spelling).  I use to fish it from the shore.  This place has some decent bass in it.