Tom H.

Where are all the Illinois Guys ?

2,057 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tracker22 said:

Oh yeah! Tore em up on a frog yesterday! Eleven fish all 3-4 lbs.

IMG_0440.JPG

No way! What area of Illinois? It's warming up in western suburbs but I wouldn't have imagined it was topwater time yet.

17 hours ago, beardown34 said:

No way! What area of Illinois? It's warming up in western suburbs but I wouldn't have imagined it was topwater time yet.

Marion IL. area.

Couple recent fish. Waters are heating up, so is the fishing. Looking for a giant still.

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: 1 person, sitting, sky, outdoor, water and nature

2 people like this

On 4/17/2017 at 1:42 PM, Tracker22 said:

Marion IL. area.

Which lake if you don't mind asking? My local dirty/stained water pond is deader than a door nail. I would think the ponds would be lighting up for topwater too, but around where I live near Mt Vernon there is nothing happening at all yet. Might take a drive down to Crab Orchard lakes if their starting to pick up.

2 hours ago, toni63 said:

Which lake if you don't mind asking? My local dirty/stained water pond is deader than a door nail. I would think the ponds would be lighting up for topwater too, but around where I live near Mt Vernon there is nothing happening at all yet. Might take a drive down to Crab Orchard lakes if their starting to pick up.

A major spawn has started this week and fishing has been terrible. Small males biting everything. And I can't get the females to bite at all.

As far as location, let's just say, I fish all the smaller, shallower lakes in the area.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the info. Saves me some gas money and drive time. I can have fun and get skunked way closer to home for now... :) 

1 person likes this

Went to silver Wednesday, tried the "Chatterbait", nothing. Tried everything but c4. Looked like I was stirring chocolate milk when on the Trolling Motor.

Went to coffeen Friday, nothing until after lunch, then 5. One was a keeper. On Carolina rig, 4 came off of one point. Temp at ramp was 75°. Clarity 3'.