Jump to content
Tom H.

Where are all the Illinois Guys ?

Recommended Posts

Nice fish! Green pumpkin t-rigged senko for the win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, Jig Rookie said:

"Kayak Bass Fishing" and "Southern Illinois Kayak Club"...?  (Guessing)

Bass Lake IL...Chicago Suburbs....Army Trail Rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just left cabelas. The state of IL, in their infinite wisdom has decided to upgrade the printers. Only problem is they aren't working. Cabelas said they got the new printers 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to sell a single fishing license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always buy my licenses online. I print 3 copies so I always have one with me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scott F said:

I always buy my licenses online. I print 3 copies so I always have one with me. 

^^ THIS ^^

One on me, one in the boat, one in the truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy mine online as well and save as a PDF I can print as many times as I want or pull up on my phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First fish of 2019 was a good one. Megabass Vision 110.195874.thumb.jpeg.1d41c1afd7ef1fa2a0a503fb15c36526.jpeg195859.thumb.jpeg.88065137eb94001af460114eedcf6dcd.jpeg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a lifetime Illinois license for myself and my wife in 1992, it was $200 each back then but I never have to buy a license anymore unless it is for Lake Michigan or a trout stamp. For those of you who are younger in their 20's, 30's, it may be worth looking into this as it is still available. Lifetime Illinois resident license is $435 dollars and yearly licenses never go down in price. Just a thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to May. Hauling the kayak up to my home state to fish 2-3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cadman said:

I bought a lifetime Illinois license for myself and my wife in 1992, it was $200 each back then but I never have to buy a license anymore unless it is for Lake Michigan or a trout stamp. For those of you who are younger in their 20's, 30's, it may be worth looking into this as it is still available. Lifetime Illinois resident license is $435 dollars and yearly licenses never go down in price. Just a thought.

It's $15 for a yearly license.  It'll take you 30 years at the current price to break even. Most of us won't be living in this broken state by then.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allen Der said:

It's $15 for a yearly license.  It'll take you 30 years at the current price to break even. Most of us won't be living in this broken state by then.  

Like I mentioned, it is probably for a 20 or 30 year old. I bought mine when licenses were $9.00 (I'm not sure what they were exactly in 1992. But if you figure licenses go up every year, in 10 years, they will probably be $20/year or more.  You are probably right in regards to living in IL. I intend to move in 6 years, so my license won't be any good, but it has paid for itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 11:21 PM, slonezp said:

Bass Lake IL...Chicago Suburbs....Army Trail Rd?

...I have never heard of such a place...

On 3/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, RyneB said:

First fish of 2019 was a good one. Megabass Vision 110.195874.thumb.jpeg.1d41c1afd7ef1fa2a0a503fb15c36526.jpeg195859.thumb.jpeg.88065137eb94001af460114eedcf6dcd.jpeg

MONDO, nice fish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all got me lost,  lol.  Im speaking of central illinois. Newton,  il power plant lake. 

 

Ryan that things a slab! Good fish! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, RyneB said:

First fish of 2019 was a good one. Megabass Vision 110.195874.thumb.jpeg.1d41c1afd7ef1fa2a0a503fb15c36526.jpeg195859.thumb.jpeg.88065137eb94001af460114eedcf6dcd.jpeg

Ggggggiant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any luck recently (beside the GIANT)? Anyone got a pattern down in northern Illinois? I know it’s still cold but I was able to get out and “test” the new gear. I got break next week so I’ll be out there a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely shallow rocks.  This one went a hair over 18" yesterday.  Water temps 46-49.

 

Snapchat-648839083-432x768.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hard water on the lakes up here. Small ponds are thawed and large ponds are half thawed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep still ice on many lakes up here. I was out shore fishing a small pond yesterday. Ice out was Monday on this pond. Water is still cold, no fish pics yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First tournament was last weekend.  Tough day for most.  Ended up 4th with two fish,  big going 4.8 lb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, JWall14 said:

Any luck recently (beside the GIANT)? Anyone got a pattern down in northern Illinois? I know it’s still cold but I was able to get out and “test” the new gear. I got break next week so I’ll be out there a lot.

Central Illinois here, but my buddy up north of Rockford followed suit and finally caught his first fish of the year. Slow retrieve with a Rayburn Red Cotton Cordell Super Spot around the shallows dropping off to deeper water at the warmest point of the afternoon. Can't get them to bite on anything else or different color lipless - this has been in smaller shallow ponds and lakes thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, JWall14 said:

Any luck recently (beside the GIANT)? Anyone got a pattern down in northern Illinois? I know it’s still cold but I was able to get out and “test” the new gear. I got break next week so I’ll be out there a lot.

 

10 hours ago, wcjohnson said:

Central Illinois here, but my buddy up north of Rockford followed suit and finally caught his first fish of the year. Slow retrieve with a Rayburn Red Cotton Cordell Super Spot around the shallows dropping off to deeper water at the warmest point of the afternoon. Can't get them to bite on anything else or different color lipless - this has been in smaller shallow ponds and lakes thus far.

Central Illinois here also.  I fished all winter at least once or twice a month.  Either when we had a freakish thaw and I had water open nearby or I drove to Clinton Lake and shore fished at the bridge downstream from the hot water discharge.  I caught at least small LMs each time and almost always on a Ned rig.  

 

I got the boat out of storage recently and put it back together.  I took it to Clinton Lake today (North Fork) to sort it out and make sure everything was working properly.  Unfortunately the water was chocolate milk and 49 degrees.  I threw some lures around for awhile but it was pretty hopeless.  Muddy water is my nemesis.  The boat is totally squared away though so I should be set as things get better in the next few weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else struggling to get a bite this past week? With the recent temperature spike up into the 70's, it seems like they have lockjaw at a few of the places I've been fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep couldn’t get any bites on either of the lakes I fished. I did get one bite in the Dupage river but couldn’t land it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Sparta East lake today. 2 people, 4 bites, one fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...