Sign in to follow this  
hawghunter1744

Stick Marsh

So Friday nights is fishing night on the outdoor channel and this past Friday I was watching In-Fisherman. The guy on there started talking about this Stick Marsh place in Florida and how he had caught so many 8 and 9 lbers there. Where exactly is Stick Marsh located and is that the real nam of that particular lake?

Shoot a PM to a member named George Welcome. He is one of the top guides on The Stick Marsh and Farm 13.

George,

Did you help put those Yankees from In Fisherman on fish or what?  

I watched the show, and was impressed how they actually showed snags on Stick Marsh's underwater forest.  

Wasn't me - I was too busy with clients.

I've done several shows out here, but as you can see, the advertising value is from slim to none.

When approached, whoever is looking to do a show, is looking to do it for as little as possible, which means getting the boat ride and guide for free. A blurb at the end of the show is considered adequate for the time, fuel, and expertise, so I tend to stay away unless there is something special about the show.

That particular show, was a combo show about bass, crappie, and gills. Only one of those critters is my bag.

As an example, I spent five days, and two boats, as an investment doing a show with the then Outdoor Life Network, only to ultimately have the show not air. No pay, no show, just cost. Perhaps it will air somewhere down the road, but I may be fishing under totally different circumstances by the time that happens.

Well, please post an alert if you find out when the show is airing.

You have some fans around here and we wouldn't want to miss it!

8-)