Sign in to follow this  
ataylor17

What lure to use?

I've had trouble catching these spring largemouth lately and nothing in my tackle box has been very successful. I'm getting a strike every now and then on about any lure but nothing so far has been able to fill my limit. Any tips on lures that fill slay fish this time of year in WV?

Sounds more like a location issue than a what bait to use issue.  Where are you fishing?  What is that areas structural features?  What is the cover?  Are your fish still in spawn, or post spawn?

the fish just started post spawn habits. i've been fishing shallows 3-5 ft. by down trees underwater growth. i've fished numerous farm ponds and a few large lakes in both WV and OH in the past couple weeks and have been unsuccessful at all attempts

Super fluke, unweighted, fished VERY slow, outside weed edges.  Be patient, the bite should pick up in a week.

Chartrues Buzz Bait ,Carolina Rigged, with a Medium Bobber.  JK Ataylor17, normally that intel is dropped via PM.   ;D

I have been knocking them out with the Mann's Hard Nose Lizard in ponds, and strip pits. Got a 5 pounder the other day, but have got several 2 and 3 pounders. Color is Brown on the lizard. They seem to be ripping those things up right now. My best producer do far.