Sign in to follow this  
slickdub

Has anyone tried that snake lure in NoVa?

I was wondering if anyone around NoVa has tried and had any sucess with that Doug Hannon Snake lure. I saw a commercial and it looked like it could have some promise but also thats what a commercial is for as well.

naturalmotionlures *

Haven't posted 10 times yet. But getting there. Hence the broken link.

Rondef should chime in shortly. I believe he had issued with them melting in the sun...

I bought some and returned them.  The snakes will melt together in the hot weather here in NOVA even when inside a tackle box out of direct sunlight.  The company recommends you keep them cool to prevent this from happening.  I would buy a 10 inch worm instead, you will be better off.  I also recommend the 10 inch Rage Tail Anaconda, the action is awesome and they catch fish.

JVM bought some of these and had the same issues rondef had.  I don't think he caught anything on them before they melted.  They did look good tracking across the water when they were new though...

Snake lures work best inside the beltway, along with the other snakes in this geographical area.

Jackasses work, too.  Very good inside the beltway.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Well perhaps they will make plans to make the material less sensitive to heat? But i guess it might take away from the action.