Sign in to follow this  
The Camper

Memphis/Bartlett TN - Bank Bass Fishing

Hi

I just moved to Memphis(Bartlett, Tn) and I do not have have a boat. I like to bank fish for Largemouth.

Are there any ponds/lakes that are public that have good bass fishing in Memphis area for Largemouth?

I tried the ponds behind Schnucks at Kirby Whitten/Stage but I am not sure if that pond even has bass in it...I struck out 3 days in a row there.

Does Appling Lake have bass?

Any help would be great until one day I can get a boat.

Thank you

Herb Parsons State Park and Lake has pretty great bass fishing, and is just outside Shelby County in Fayette county off Fisherville Rd. You'll have a outside shot at 9+ lb fish and the trails around it to the many coves are well kept. It's usually pretty peaceful, and there's lots of cover and structure that's reachable from shore.

Send a PM to roadwarrior he can probably point you in the right direction.

Send a PM to roadwarrior he can probably point you in the right direction.

Send me a PM and I'll take you to a couple of

ponds as long as you release EVERY bass.

That means with me and when you fish other

times without me.

-Kent

Kent is a great guy, he took me out to a pond last fall and I caught a 6.12lb bass with 30 minutes.  He knows the area well and can put you on fish so long as you practice catch and release.

Ditto Ron and Kent.  I do most of my fishing from a boat so I don't really know of any local ponds to go and beat the banks.

I have the same question except i am more in the cordova area near Hastings on germantown pkway...i found one great little pond out in collierville where i caught 14 and my freind caught 11 in 2 hours and pretty decent size but if anyone knows anywhere out in this are lemme kno

hey men...i live in shelby forest and i have a ton of lakes/ponds that you could fish...ive cought many fish over 5lbs over the years...send me a pm and ill give you directions

Let's get together sometime and you can be the guide!

-Kent

sounds good to me RW...i went pond hoping today and woulda had a sack to die for in a tourney...hahah

i have the same problem ive been lookin for spots out near the cordova area

Send me a PM if you want to fish Saturday or Sunday morning (early).

-Kent

Ive been fishing with both Kent(roadwarrior) and Patrick (bassin901) and they are both GREAT guys with great spots!  Would love to meet some more people from the Memphis area as well as continue fishing with my Memphis Buddies!

Jeff

PS>  I think I'm gonna want to fish sunday morning..any takers?  kent? patrick? call me!

Same place, same time if you like. Perkins at 5:00?

-Kent

sounds like a plan!  If anything comes up I'll give you a call!

Jeff

Edmund Orgil in the Millington area is a good place to fish from the bank. I have stuck some very good fish there. It is shallow though and at times can be tough fishing.

It is best to go on the rainy days because there will less likely not be anybody on the golf course or the public bank side.

That place is like a skillet on hot summer days so right now is not a good time.

I'm in the same boat, or lack thereof. Haha. I bank fish and pond hop, but with no real luck. I'd be game to fish sunday morning. Give me a shout if you get this in time. 9015697489

247476F6-9A71-417F-A7C9-4B15F7CE477B.jpeg

40D52A4F-3CD5-45F2-B996-CFEE2CC2DB6F.jpeg

I go fishing everyday(@ least 3-4days a week). I catch 4-5 pounders regularly. All in the city limits of Memphis. I get my boat out for pickwick or maybe glen springs. You can rent a Jon boat at glen springs for$10. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, Jeff, help me out. Closest fishing hole to midtown. I'm tired of driving east.