Sign in to follow this  
brushhoggin

Alligator vs Electric Eel

i do too man. we get heat from them when we shoot a deer for the meat, but what do they think when they see an osprey ****** a trout up by the face, or a gazelle getting chased down and bled out by a leopard? i think they think humans aren't a part of nature.

anyone know what became of the gator?

saw him squirmin right as the clip ended. not sure he made it. few more million years, and those gators will have some electrocution immunity gene

anyone know what became of the gator?

No, but I got me a new pair of boots and some jerky. 

Cool, the eel zaps the caiman at just the right moment to make the caiman's jaws seize up on the eel's neck.

My guess is the eel is presently dead and the caiman is shaking off a bad headache, but alive.

I find some things that humans do in the name of entertainment despicable.  Baiting the gator with an electric eel?  Seriously?

I find some things that humans do in the name of entertainment despicable. Baiting the gator with an electric eel? Seriously?

Couldn't agree more, are not people subject to cruelty laws even regarding wild animals.

I find some things that humans do in the name of entertainment despicable. Baiting the gator with an electric eel? Seriously?

Yeah it did look like he kind of baited it a little bit.But it also does look like he caught it on some type of lure and the alligator came up curious.Even if he would have yanked it away those alligators probably would have went after it. I don't know the whole story to this...Some reason i don't think he did this on purpose.

this wasn't like watching an osprey catch a trout. this was animal abuse perpetrated by some sicko.

nope. he accidentally caught the eel while fishing, which in turn attracted a nearby gator

however, he didn't have to hold the eel next to the gator while landing it and film the result

I didn't know much about electric eels but a little wed-research indicates a 5-foot eel can generate 1 amp and 600 volts.  That's amazing!  600 volts is 5 times the amount of power coming from a wall outlet.  1 amp can kill an adult human.  Less than 1 amp even. 

Direct current is much more dangerous than alternating current.  AC pulses while DC is continuous, making it impossible to let go.

Electric fences to contain livestock are usually powered by a battery, and thus are DC, but they turn on and off like the turn signal on a car.

A jolt or two quickly teaches the livestock to avoid the wires.

nope. he accidentally caught the eel while fishing, which in turn attracted a nearby gator

however, he didn't have to hold the eel next to the gator while landing it and film the result

what was he supposed to do? if he tries to jerk it away from the gator, the gator follows it.