Sign in to follow this  
b.Lee

Justin Beiber = Signs of the Apocolypse (not really but it is almost as bad)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/02/justin-bieber-nail-polish-1-million-bottles-sold/1

What has the world come to? Anybody have daughters on this band-wagon? ;D

Justin Bieber's nail polish is hot.

One Less Lonely Girl nail lacquer shades, inspired by Justin Bieber's songs, has sold out of more than 1 million bottles after arriving in stores in mid-December.

So, Nicole by Opi, the makers of the nail polish, announced today that the company has shipped triple the number of bottles to meet consumer demand, and the 14 shades of polish should be in stores tomorrow to coincide with the teen heartthrob's new Never Say Never movie.

Just in time for Valentine's Day, the shades include best-seller Step 2 the Beat of My Heart, a heart-filled glitter hue.

It may actually be a sign of the Apocolypse. Whether it is or not, it is enough to make a man want to

Better yet - apparently some girls on my campus are organizing a justin bieber barcrawl to be held on the date of his birthday. Their rationalization was that they were gonna celebrate his "reaching the age of consent".

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

He's one of those guys that's gonna fade away once he turns 20 and his voice actually sounds like somethings dropped. Pretty much only girls under 15 have any interest in him lol

Better yet - apparently some girls on my campus are organizing a justin bieber barcrawl to be held on the date of his birthday. Their rationalization was that they were gonna celebrate his "reaching the age of consent".

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Hahahahaha im gonna laugh if his voice starts cracking and deepifys right on his birthday and their celebration is ruined

That "it" will take the path of all those kid stars, down the toilet after age 18.

I think more so that the sign of the apocalypse is not Justin Beiber himself, but all the other no talent pop starts out there. IMO you have to play some sort of instrument or at least be the singer for a band that plays some musical equipment to be a musician in my book.

Here's the list of "music artists" that are going to cause the downfall of humanity:

Lady Gaga

Any hip-hop "artist"

Justin Beiber

Jonas Brothers

And the one tv station responsible for all this mess and the phenomenally bad Jersey shore craze: MTV

I honestly don't see why people in my age group (college students) feel that these people have any sort of talent or idolize. The guys are Jersey shore are the biggest tools on the planet if you ask me. They treat women like crap, pick fights and look like overly muscled oompa loompas.

If you think this is a recent phenomenon, think again.  History is full of "no talent" entertainers.

Pop culture trash...

Hit the water or the woods and never look back. :D

My youngest daughters 14,12,9.

Love this kid

At least you have fishing. :D

I am certainly not a fan, but I saw a clip from his "documentary" movie and this kid is quite a musician. Played several instruments like a pro and was surprisingly impressive, very good drummer. FWIW I was a music major in college. I'm just giving credit where it's due. I hope he can avoid the pitfalls of the music business.

Ronnie

I am certainly not a fan, but I saw a clip from his "documentary" movie and this kid is quite a musician. Played several instruments like a pro and was surprisingly impressive, very good drummer. FWIW I was a music major in college. I'm just giving credit where it's due. I hope he can avoid the pitfalls of the music business.

Ronnie

too late, he has his own line of nail polish. :-X

Justin Who??

My youngest daughters 14,12,9.

Love this kid

Winner Winner, Thank you for your honesty.

Ronnie

its not about talent anymore sadly enough. why doesn't she play any of these instruments at her shows? only assuming, never watched one of her performances. swear. was kinda surprised to see that she writes her own songs.

Ronnie

its not about talent anymore sadly enough. why doesn't she play any of these instruments at her shows? only assuming, never watched one of her performances. swear. was kinda surprised to see that she writes her own songs.

Honestly you don't become this famous without having some talent. Just cause you don't necessarily agree with his style, millions of other people disagree.

I can't stand him. He'll end up on celebrity rehab with Miley Cyress some day.

Hanna Montana in rehab??? Must be from those male hormones shes taking.

If you're over 16-18, then these artists really have no relevance to you. They are entertainers, and their goal isn't to entertain you, it's to entertain teen/pre-teen kids.

It's always been this way. When I was growing up my sister was obsessed with NKOTB, etc.....no big deal. Our musical tastes change as we grow older. Most kids listen to music that appeals to them on a purely emotional level.....they don't care if Taylor Swift has pitch issues or how many bpm Justin Bieber can play melodic minor scales.

The more I listen to music, the less I'm finding that I care, too. I know and appreciate technique. It takes a lot.....A LOT...of obsessive practice to reach levels of virtuosity - but it's a means to an end, and if that end doesn't produce songs that appeal to me on a purely emotional level, than I am no longer interested.

When I was first really getting into music and practicing a lot, I listened to bands like Dream Theater, lots of jazz/fusion masters - - and now a lot of that stuff just sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I appreciate technique for what it is (and I'm not saying that monster technique and good songwriting can't coexist - they do!), but music is SO much more than that. 

If you're over 16-18, then these artists really have no relevance to you. They are entertainers, and their goal isn't to entertain you, it's to entertain teen/pre-teen kids.

It's always been this way. When I was growing up my sister was obsessed with NKOTB, etc.....no big deal. Our musical tastes change as we grow older. Most kids listen to music that appeals to them on a purely emotional level.....they don't care if Taylor Swift has pitch issues or how many bpm Justin Bieber can play melodic minor scales.

The more I listen to music, the less I'm finding that I care, too. I know and appreciate technique. It takes a lot.....A LOT...of obsessive practice to reach levels of virtuosity - but it's a means to an end, and if that end doesn't produce songs that appeal to me on a purely emotional level, than I am no longer interested.

When I was first really getting into music and practicing a lot, I listened to bands like Dream Theater, lots of jazz/fusion masters - - and now a lot of that stuff just sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. I appreciate technique for what it is (and I'm not saying that monster technique and good songwriting can't coexist - they do!), but music is SO much more than that.

I couldn't agree!

As I grew older, I have found there really isn't music I don't enjoy, as long as it sounds good to my ears I don't where it comes from or who is doing it.

The female news anchors here in Phoenix (in their 30's) practically wet themselves every time they talk about him. My daughters in law (both in their 40's) do too. The kid does have a lot of talent (plays many instruments) but the talent is wasted with the pre-teen drivel he sings with absolutely no power whatsoever, and the lame pop dancing, all aimed at the 9 to 12 year old girl market.

The Justin Beiber sensation is a performing act, not musical talent.