Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoFlaBassAddict

Videos on BR

Recommended Posts

Anybody else having problems watching the videos on Bass Resource?  Was trying to watch a couple of them earlier and nothing ever came up.  Was just sitting there like it was loading and nothing.

Glenn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah had a few just stop like a quarter in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all work fine.  It's possible Internet traffic caused some lost packets, or your ISP was experiencing latency issues.  That's normal stuff that you usually don't notice unless you're streaming audio/video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had the same thing too..The first time i would click on the video it would stop after a few seconds like it was done. Usually if i click and start it again it worked ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which video(s)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd.  I can't view them at all when using Chrome.  In IE, theres no problems.  Thats a bit frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odd. I can't view them at all when using Chrome. In IE, theres no problems. Thats a bit frustrating.

x2. They start and end in a few second with firefox

Google Chrome you cant even view em'

and IE I can view them about 75% of the time. the other 25% I get the same as chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't optimize for Chrome, so you're out of luck there.

I've tested them on various computers/connections using both IE and Firefox.  The issue you're noting is due to 3 possible causes:

1.  Slow internet connection (DSL or slower)

2.  ISP connectivity issues.

3.  Older computer

Since they are working for most people, those are the most likely reasons.  Although it's possible that you could have many programs/applications running at the same time, which will eat up a lot of memory and CPU power.  There could be a bunch of programs that are needed but launched at startup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a brand new computer, and cable, and don't run any other programs except the ones that run all the time like anti-virus.

I guess it could be ISP connectivity issues, but how come I can watch Youtube, and other videos fine? Wouldn't ISP issues affect those too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know.  It's outside of my realm.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glenn is there anywhere else we can watch these videos?? Do you post them on you tube or anywhere else. I've tried to watch the KVD video3-4 times and still can't get more than a few seconds into the video before it cuts off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a simple/ dump question/suggestion....Flash Player updated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YouTube encodes videos for several different connection speeds, and auto-serves you the file they feel is the "correct" file for your connection speed (often erroring on the low side, thus serving a lower-quality video than you're capable of viewing).

We don't have anything as sophisticated as that.  We're just redneck fishermen. LOL!

But you can view some of the videos on our YouTube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/bassresource.com   Not all of our videos we have here are over there, due to YouTube limitations.  But at least there's enough there to keep you busy for awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×