Sign in to follow this  
Fish Chris

Coolest video MP4 converter ! :-)

Okay now, when it comes to PC tech, I'm always SOOO behind the curve, so if you have known about this forever, already, please don't rip on me too bad :)

Anyway, I found this website http://saveyoutube.com/ which is SOOOO simple to use, and the best thing of all, is that you don't even have to download any kind of of program to your own PC....

Instead, you simply see a video on Youtube that you like, left click the URL of that vid, and copy it, then go to the saveyoutube site, paste it, and click convert to MP4. Bam ! It's converted on "their website, using their resources" then sent straight to your desktop, where it can be easily added to your iPod, iPad, or whatever player you have that plays in MP4 format :)

I love it :) I've already saved about 10 music vids, + a couple very cool scenes from movies..... like the dance floor scene from the movie, Ghost Ship ;) If you haven't seen that, you need too ! I'd give the movie about a 3.... but that scene is as cool as it gets for gory movie scenes.

Peace,

Fish

those types of sites are pretty convienent if you just have 1 vid to convert.

i am always recommending DVD Videosoft (www.dvdvideosoft.com) they have a whole software suite available for download, with programs for pretty much any media conversion task you want. the ones i use most often are YouTube to MP3 converter (rips the audio from any youtube video toan mp3, very handy for downloading songs you like), and YouTube to MP4 converter. you can load up a queue of URL's and they will all download to your specified output folder

I have video soft....but I don't like having to download all kinds of programs to my own PC if I don't have to. + I had all kinds of glitchy stuff with videosoft, and the pop ups trying to get me to get the pro version and yada, yada.

So far, saveyoutube has worked perfectly every time. And aside from the first time I found it, and did like 6 or 8 vids back to back, I don't see myself ever needing to do more than 1 or 2 in a sitting anyway.

Fish