Sign in to follow this  
Tincanfsh

Last Ice fishing Trip.

We Went Ice fishing for the last time this Year on Saturday 3/17. We went to Fish Lake in Central Utah. The lake sits in a valley at 8800 ft and has 2500 acres.

Between the three of Us We caught over 45 Splake, 15 Rainbow Trout, 23 Perch, One Sucker( that became cut bait) and 1 Lake Trout. The Perch were small 6-10". The Splake and Rainbows were between 13-19". The Sucker was 17". And the Mac was 15 pounds and 35" long. My buddy got the top honors for the Lake Trout and I got the near miss award for loseing my Lake Trout at the hole.

We used small ice flies with Meal worms, Wax worms, sucker, and night crawler for the Perch, Splake, and Rainbow Trout. We used 5" Tube jigs for the Lake trout.

The weather was great. The ice was 20" thick but the edge were thinning quick. I went threw on the way off the ice. I was glad it was only up to my Knees.

I have Pictures but I don't know how to up load them.

where are all the pictures?  :-?

Ice is almost time to go here in NY. 40's-50's highs for the next week. but we are starting out at 3 degrees this morning, and I'm getting ready to head out on the ice this morning.

Fish On!

WTG