Sign in to follow this  
timistall

Most likely record crappie was dinner

It wasn't uncommon for us to catch 3+ lbser when we lived in central Florida.  In the 80's

Florida record for crappie is 3.83 pounds, while the world record stands at 4.8 pounds. If your specks were 3+ why didn't you apply for the state record? At 22" if might have been 5lb.

I guess we never cared.  Just took them home a ate them.  They probably were just over 3.  Not close to 4.  

Guest SkyChimp

Hmmmm. That looks like a 15" rule to me, not a 22". And given the scale of the fish in front of that fish finder (I have one, it's about 8-9 inches wide), that's not a 22" fish. Looks like it's pushing 15" tops.

Big, but a record? :-?  :-X

73943a.jpg

I caught a crappie in a Crappie Usa tournament spring before last it was a black, It weighed 3.18lbs and was 18.5 inches. If you had a 22 inch fish it probably went close to 4lbs maybe a little over. That was a good fish. Should have gotten it mounted :)

Definately not 22" in comparison to the instruments behind the fish. But none the less, a great looking crappie. I like to keep a journal when fishing. Length, weight, and species of the fish, water and location where caught, time of day, weather conditions, temperature, date, bait, presentation and retrieve. It sounds like alot but that information comes in real handy every year. Especially when I re-visit a lake or river that I only get to visit once or twice a year.