Sign in to follow this  
Hawg_Hunter

March Maddness Bass in Iowa

I picked up my fishing partner on Saturday and pointed the old Yukon south once again. It was Brian's first trip out and my third for the season. The fore cast was for E- SE winds at 15 to 25mph and a high of 53, I don't think it made 53, but they were spot on with the wind prediction   >:(

We got on the water around 10am and had to quit around 4pm because Brian's trolling battery was toast! He had to have it on high most of the day just to move forward against the wind!

Anyways we had a great time and we even managed to snag a few fish :) We were limited on lure choice because of the dang wind, fishing a jig or anything slow was next to impossible, although I tried several times throughout the day and actually did pick up 3 fish with a jig. The water temp was 44 when we got there and 46 when we left and I believe we could have caught more fish if we could of fished some slower presentations in the cold water. We caught 12 fish with a couple of nice hawgz to make our day! Brian caught a real nice 5lb 10oz bass on a Baby one minus and I managed a 5lb 1oz bass on a Red eye shad.

Here are a few pictures from the day

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_05051024x768.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

;D ;D WOW!  ;D ;D

Outstanding fish, great pics!

8-)

ROLL FILM!!! 8-)

We did get a little footage, but not enough to put together a vid. Maybe by  this next weekend though :)

Making me very jealous.  I have still yet to put the boat in this year.  I have been really busy and it seems like any time I can go the wind is howling way to hard.  Looks like that didn't stop you and it paid off.

Very Nice!!!!