Sign in to follow this  
wolfish

bright sunny days after cloudy days

in muddy water it shouldn't have that much of an effect unless the temperature drops.i would guess they would be tighter to shallow cover.try a jig right next to the cover.

Is there any cover or structure in the lake?  What's the water temp?  A rising or falling barometer can have an affect on where the fish will be located. High pressure systems are usually associated with bright sunny weather.  Low pressure systems are usually associated with cloudy, rainy weather.  The barometer is usually steady during stable weather.  Fish feed more actively during low pressure.  During high pressure they will either hold tight to cover or go into deeper water.  Deeper water in a shallow lake may only be a change of a couple of feet.  You can catch fish during high pressure.  Fish slower and get your lure as close to the cover at possible.

wolfish, jerkbait's right.  Also not to mention that if you caught some good fish on cloudy days does not mean you will catch any on sunny days like you did on cloudy. Time to change the bait & fish slowly. Go with seasonal pattern. Good luck.

That's always been a bad recipe for me.I would expect to find them tight  to cover and not in a mood to bite.You'll have to flip jigs,tubes,etc. to get their attention.You may be working hard for a few bites, so you gotta make it count.