Sign in to follow this  
FL_fisher

deeper water

I want to fish in deeper water because I havent been able to catch many fish as of late. I was wondering what I should look for. :-/ I live in central florida. The lake Im fishing is 3000 acres and very hot and murky you can see your bait about 6 to 8ins down. The problem is the lake does not have the things you would normaly look for no dropoffs,no cover,no grass in the deeper water.The biggest dropoff I have ever seen is about 2 feet. In the channel it is about 12 to13 feet deep. Also what kind of baits should I use for these deep bass :).

Ahhhhhhhhh Florida fishing oh the memories. Gosh I need to move back. Well you already aswered your own question in one respect. In florida water a two foot difference in depth will draw fish. A creek channel is structure thats different than the rest of the lake. The channel is a highway to deep water and can be followed to shallow spawning areas and feeding areas. Sometimes you might have stumps on either side of the channel. I would use a carolina rig or a worm.

beef up you weight use a 1/2 oz or 3/4 oz if your fishing a trap deep use braid if you can so that you can feel strikes.