Sign in to follow this  
toolpush

tackle and baitmonkey

Well He got me today. I recieved a debit card on christmas for $75. So i went to tackle warehouse and spent it all on a deps highsider jr., mattlures ult. crappie, and 2 bagley baitfish series lipless cranks. When I placed my order it denied my transaction. The guys at T.W. called me informing me of this so I just gave them my credit card # and went ahead and made purchase. I was still wondering why the debit card transaction was denied. So I went to bass tackle depot and made another order, a deps buzzjet, sebile magic swimmer, trutungsten shad swimbait, 2 jigs(trutungsten and oldhams), and a zoom chart. dye marker. My transaction was denied again, after several phone calls with them I realized I never registered debit card to set up account. :-[ So I spent 75$ I wasn't planning on. So looks like He won today. But now I'll be getting alot of cool stuff in about a week.  ;) And I have a little suprise for Him, I am not, I repeat I am not buying anymore baits this year. Unless it's to Brent(***) to replace some soft plastics. See there He goes again! Can We ever win? :) ;D :-?

We will never win the war, just small battles. You know, when we plan to spend $100 and only spend $99.

I find if you try to starve the bait monkey he just gets mean and sneaky. However if you feed him small portions on a regular basis he is much easier to deal with.

Well he got to me last night.  The monkey's been starving for months and I blew about $580 on 4 Curado E7s. ;D

I find if you try to starve the bait monkey he just gets mean and sneaky. However if you feed him small portions on a regular basis he is much easier to deal with.

I find this to be true as well.

We will never win the war, just small battles. You know, when we plan to spend $100 and only spend $99.

I consider it a win if I plan to spend a $100 and it ends up under $200!

8-)

No dilusions here, I never "win", it 's a more a matter of how much I loose everytime. Yesterday I went to purchase a pack of 5/0 hooks, how I managed to break 50 bones is beyond my understanding.  :-?

I consider it a win if I plan to spend a $100 and it ends up under $200!

8-)

Amen! Beleive it or not that happens more when my wife goes with me. She's in cahoots with the owner and he will tell her to "show himthis or that". That usually indiactes a large monkey has been breaking my L5 and needs to be fed.

We will never win the war. Unless someone re-programs our brains (or our wives cancel our credit cards) the chimp will always be smiling in the end! ;D

Agree with RoadWarrior. If I end up spending twice what I planned on, I consider it a small win anyway.

You can't win against the bait monkey. It's impossible. I have already spent $300+ just this new year on a new reel, line, and some more lures. Especially now that I will start doing online shopping using tackle warehouse.

Yeah I just found a way to get a discount on a rod I had been eyeing for a while but the flea bag talked me into wanting two of them now that I am not paying full price.  So instead of shelling out one amount now I am looking at 1 1/2 times the amount I had negotiated with the monkey.  HE GETS ME EVERYTIME.  

Yeah I just found a way to get a discount on a rod I had been eyeing for a while but the flea bag talked me into wanting two of them now that I am not paying full price. So instead of shelling out one amount now I am looking at 1 1/2 times the amount I had negotiated with the monkey. HE GETS ME EVERYTIME.

the mor use guys spend, the mor u save!

curse you monkey,  a couple weeks ago I was looking for a Cardiff, a fellow BassResource.com member had not 1 but 2 of them...and would you know, that dam monkey climbed on and made me buy em both.

grrrrrr

He got me for 120 Last night when i went to get 1 thing... Now he made me forget that 1 thing so i have to go back tonight

He convinced me all my money was better spent on a Citica D than a new driver. My cousin who works at the golf department wasn't happy. :);)

bait monkey?  heres one, how about 850 dollars in two weeks! just got into baitcasting and got 2 curados, 1 citica, a st. croix mojo, bps extreme, and a bps rick clunn sig rod

the wife still thinks it was all about 300!

Dang monkey just got me for 122.92 and I all I was doing was checking out some tackle sites I had never heard of.  Ended up with

2 Nishine Beatour M5 crankbaits(these do look really cool)

2 River 2 Sea Nest Riaders(I will probably use once, or never)

4 Lucky Craft Fat CB DBS 3 cranks

I guess the good news is he got me good enough that I got a free T-shirt and shipping.