Sign in to follow this  
kevin07

Diawa lures what do you think?

I went to my local dicks store the other day and saw they had diawa lures for $3 so i bought a whole bunch of them. I mostly got the peanut crankbaits both shallow and medium diver, i also got some Dr. Minnow jerkbaits. I was wondering what you guys think about these lures, were they that cheap for a reason or just a great deal? I have replaced all the trebble hooks though, because the seamed cheap and like they would bend very easily.

I like Daiwa baits. There are Daiwa lures, and Team Daiwa lures. Daiwa lures are good baits. Inexpensive, but very nice. Team Daiwa lures are even more refined. They carry a heftier price tag, though.

In the Daiwa line, I like the Daiwa DC Classic Shad SP. This is a shad-rap type crank that suspends. Despite being inexpensive, they seem well made and have good actions. The have a pretty wide action and are pretty loud. Finishes are very nice, and I like the hooks. They suspend fairly horizontally. There's two types, a 6 foot diver and a 9 foot diver.

I also like the Daiwa DB Minnow SP. They have a wide swing when jerked, and stop pretty quickly, which gives them an erratic appearance. They cast well. Not quite as well as the LC Pointer, but well nonetheless. They have shifting weights, but the weights don't shift all the way into the tip of the tail like on LC Pointers.

The Daiwa DC Game Vibe is a nice lipless. It's comparable to the Yo-Zuri Rattln Vibe. It's good at medium to fast speeds. I don't remember it having a good action at slow speed. I've lost all of mine over time (I only had 3 or 4). They did produce fish, though.

IMO, Daiwa baits are good baits. All the ones I have tried were impressive given their price. I think they represent a good value.

there is a review on tackle tour, they said they were pretty good. I have a 3' diver and a 5' diver I can't wait to use it.

-gk

I love the peanut II but the hooks are garbage - you can bend the trebles if you pinch them! Do yourself a favor and replace them before you use it.

I bought some of the DB Minnow jerkbaits this winter, lookin' forward to trying them this spring.

Went out today to test some lures and i tied on the Dr. minnow and it had great action, but it floated i thought they were suspenders. :-?

Daiwa has some good designs......I'm only familiar with the T.D. stuff.

The deep Hyper Cranks are a cool bait.

hypercrank.jpg

Have also done very well with the T.D. Dartist suspending jerkbaits.  

I bought the same baits at Dick's, and like them.  They are decently made, but the hooks suck. You can snap them just by squeezing them with your bare hands.

The team diawa minnow sg jerkbait is by far one of the nicest jerkbaits i own and I would reccomend getting team diawa stuff is of very high quality and performance

I hope they are good, just ordered app. 10 106S & 107S lipless cranks, these are the non-rattling versions. I also ordered some OSP Blitz & HPF cranks ( Thanks to Stringjam for his reccomendation) & Lucky Craft LV0 cranks(used app 6-7$ each). I picked up a lot of used lures from Ichiban Tackle to help offset the shipping charge.

Stringjam- I too have had great luck with the Dartist but can't find them anywhere. Have they been discontinued or do you have a way to get them?

I actually got mine at a BPS outlet (clearance items, returns).  I don't think I've actually ever seen them inside the main BPS store, but somehow they ended up with some stock of them out there.  Pretty sweet.....I only paid $6 each for them.

Now that you mention it String, I don't know how I ended up with the one I have either.  I must have gotten it from the Charlotte BPS.  It is a good little bait but I want more.  Ichiban shows it as discontinued.   :'(