Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Speaking of Bassmaster University

Got a DVD (unrequested) in the mail today from BASS.  Seems they are going to release a series of Bassmaster University DVD's.  The first in the series is titled 'Successful Presentation Techniques'.

Chapter listing is-

1 The Jig is Up - Gary Klein

2 Lipless in the Grass - Randy Howell

3 Show Your Colors - Greg Hackney/Randy Howell

4 Laydowns - Stephen Browning

5 Mimicking Shad - Mark Menendez

6 Flippin' and Pitchin' - Gary Klein

7 The Edges - Mark Menendez

8 Soft Plastics - Davey Hite

9 Hung Up - Dean Rojas

10 Bass on Spinning Gear - Randy Howell

I've scanned through the DVD, the segments are pretty informative.  I'll probably keep it as it is only $13 and should be good for repeat viewing.

So BASS members, keep an eye on your mailbox as there is probably a copy headed your way.

That sounds good. I let my membership expire so I guess I won't be seeing one come my way. :(

I'm Ib and I approve Burley's message.

Now that's a DVD I'd watch ;)  

I got mine last week, and I was going to send it back. After I viewed it I changed my mind, it has some decent information on it.

Falcon

How long is it?? Correct me if I am wrong but I think those are all segments from the Bass University Show. Thats OK I liked the show but it looks like they are more or less making a DVD series of the show.

Let me guess Randy Howell was throwing a small spinnerbait on spiderwire stealth in standing timber.

Just another example of BASS being shady. The should have sold it for what it is the BASS UNIVERSITY TV Series instead the wait a couple years and try and sell it as something new. ::) One whole season of the bass pros is $20, 11 episodes. How much is the season of BASS U going to cost you total when they all get released? :-X

I called to find out more about this as I got the DVD as well.  The first one is $13.  I watched it and it is not bad, but is only 60 minutes long.

Here is the kicker, the rest of the DVD's the lady on the phone told me are going to run $29 to $30 apiece!!!!!! :o

Talk about getting ripped off!

I called to find out more about this as I got the DVD as well. The first one is $13. I watched it and it is not bad, but is only 60 minutes long.

Here is the kicker, the rest of the DVD's the lady on the phone told me are going to run $29 to $30 apiece!!!!!! :o

Talk about getting ripped off!

I haven't received one. What number did you call?

Black Bass...called the number that was on the bill for the first DVD. I did not keep it.

The number is 1-877-683-7700 but their closed early today. I'll try them in the am.

I haven't received one yet.

I am still pretty new to fishing. Are there any good DVDs that won't break the bank that you guys recommend? Especially any on presentation.

BPS has three popular VanDam videos bundled for $9.95: ''Proven Spinnerbait Techniques,'' ''Changing Conditions'' and ''Pitchin' to Heavy Hitters.'' or you can buy them separately for $9.95 each.

Im thinking of Joining BASS wil they still send the video do ya think? Or am i missing out - This sounds like what im looking for - Also when you sbuscrbie to BASS does that include Bassmaster mag? was told it does but dont see anything on it.

Btech & Jax I just called 1-877-683-7700.and asked that the DVD be sent to me. They said they'd get it in the mail. They didn't want a credit card. The nice woman said "watch it and see if you want it. If you do, send your payment."

The only problem is when BASS sends books without you requesting them, and wants payment or the return of the product. I don't like that. Of course, if I request it, I will pay for it or send it back.

Things sent unordered do not require payment. If you want future releases then you will need to pay.

Received my copy but it was defective.

Lady at B.A.S.S. is sending a replacement.

If it has the pros' presentations at the old Bassmaster University events then it is worth the price.

Happy New Year.  ;)