Sign in to follow this  
fishnewb

Smallies dedicated messageboards?

Hello Boarders,

It has been an age since I have posted. The ole job had sucked me in.

I was wondering, I know we mostly talk about largie mouths here, is there anyplace you guys go to talk smallie shop?

Welcome back!

There are a couple of Forums on the net dedicated to smallmouth only, but they tend to be very regional and have little flow. I would like to see more smallmouth talk here, but we do have some and the mix is interesting. BTW, did you see my piece on the front page? Maybe you have some other thoughts on the next World Record. Let's hear what you have to say.

Hello Boarders,

It has been an age since I have posted. The ole job had sucked me in.

I was wondering, I know we mostly talk about largie mouths here, is there anyplace you guys go to talk smallie shop?

riversmallies.com

riverbronze.com

smallmouths.com

Try these sites,

Allen

All I catch smallies and agree its a north thing. But road warrior I think me and my buddy are going to tennesse insted of table rock.

A few years ago riversmallies was a good site, but now you are better off asking a question about smallies at bassresource.  All regions are covered and you do not have to worry about asking a newbie question.

I KEEP on tryin' to tell you guys about the smallies in okie land (notice i didnt say soonerland or soonerville-HEHE from an OSU Grad). Check out this link to a tourney trail i fish. Look at the Arbuckle and DEC. 30 Texoma Tourneys. We're a bunch of non-smallie fisherman for the most part, and we're still catchin' em. i figure there is probably a world record in Tex. and at least a 9lber in Arbuckle and Murray. Thats not even mentioning Lawtonka and Eufaula. These lakes were stocked with those big boys from TN, and they seem to like it here in the sooner...whoops, I mean the cowboy state.

And Here is me just braggin'

post-6229-130163018081_thumb.jpg

Those are some nice fish!

You guys should go ahead an harvest all the "green trout" and make more room for the smallmouth!

There are plenty of smallmouth streams in Missouri as well as Table Rock,  Stockton, and the northern portion of Bull Shoals lakes.  Some of the other lakes have small numbers of smallmouths as well.  Most of these waters are in the southern half of the state.  I live in the northern part of the state so I don't fish them often, but I do enjoy it when I get the opportunity.  

I to prefer smallies, probably because they are more abundent in the rivers of Canada atleast where I live then  LMB. I'm sure if other people are as interested as you maybe you could get a smallie dedicated messageboard going.I would support that!

Those are some nice fish!

You guys should go ahead an harvest all the "green trout" and make more room for the smallmouth!

LOL at RW ;D

I did not get very far with RW being the Smallmouth moderator, but it could be a great addition to BassResource.com to have a Smallmouth discussion board and RW--I am serious--you are the perfect guy to lead the way with your abilities to catch and to help us catch them. You have a way with writing that keeps us glued to the story. I sincerely appreciate your efforts toward helping us be better anglers. Thanks

BassChaser57,

Thank you for the compliment, but I think the contributions of all our members is what makes this Forum work.

I will be sure Glenn receives this suggestion for a Smallmouth Section within the current format.

ALL SUGGESTIONS are appreciated that might improve BassResource.com as we grow. Unfortunately, whether it's cost, time or "fit," most ideas cannot be implemented, at least not right away.

I assure you, this will be discussed by the administration.

Again, thank you.

kbhere   hope your right  rw    just love those brown fish.   that what is our two small lakes  the smallmouth dont get

over about 2-3-4- lbs  with some 5-6 not many  but hook into a 3-4 lb smallie and you have got a freight train  on your hands. kb

You asked for it, you got it!  Welcome to the new smallies forum!

Many, MANY thanks to the mod squad for going through the painstaking task of hand-picking posts throughout the forums and moving them here.  Outstanding work gentlemen!

Very nice, thanks a lot for making a dedicated smallie board  ;D ;D ;D

Woo-Hoo!

Now let's bring it on boys!

Stories, pics and questions, I want to see it all.

Let's make this section a big part of BassResource.com.

We're growing and adding features to this site because of members like YOU!

Thank's to several members and Glenn's efforts to contiually improve this site, "Smallmouth Bass Fishing" is born.

THANK YOU!!!

This smallie forum will be great in the spring as the season swings into full gear. I suspect this forum will be enjoyed more by experienced anglers with RW leading the way.

Thanks Again Guys-- 8-)