Sign in to follow this  
DINK WHISPERER

Reaction Innovations BMF hook?????

Hey guys!

I have decided to give the Reaction Innovations BMF flippin' hooks a try. My question is, where can i buy them right now? Some places are sold out and i can't find them on the Tackle Warehouse website(preferred site)! I need them in 4/0 and maybe 5/0. Any help is appreciated.

I've been looking for them as well............no luck.  Haven't even been able to find the heat shrink barbs.  TW does or did have them.....but last time I looked they were sold out as well!  Must be a d**n good hook.

I guess i will have to trust one of those lesser known companies because these things are scarce! Hope they are worth the trouble!

Susquehanna Fishing Tackle was also out last time I placed an order a few weeks ago.

Man, I didn't realize the BMF was so hard to come by now. I only have 5 left, hope I don't loose any!

BTW, if your using this hook, learn how to tie a snell knot and forget the barbs or shrink wrap barbs. I actually mash down the upper barbs on my BMF hooks. A properly tied snell knot will force the hook point upward when setting the hook on a fish. I rarely loose a fish even flipping into the gnarliest cover. Often the fish will hook itself when the hook rotates upward as the fish moves with the bait.

Try it, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Mustad Straight Shank Denny Brauer Flipping Hook P/N: 32807BLNU32

Ultra Point, Nor-Tempered, Straight Shank with 2 Slashes on shank, Round Bend, Small Barb, Black Nickel Finish

The amazing thing about these hooks is you can find them :)

Mustad Straight Shank Denny Brauer Flipping Hook P/N: 32807BLNU32

Ultra Point, Nor-Tempered, Straight Shank with 2 Slashes on shank, Round Bend, Small Barb, Black Nickel Finish

The amazing thing about these hooks is you can find them :)

Yeah i know a small shop that carries them catt. Have you used both and compared them? If so, which would you recommend? I hear the BMF is a lot stronger and i can tell it has a wider gap in the hook bend.

LMK man!

By what criteria is the BMF supposedly stronger?

The difference in gap is minuscule

Of what good is a product if you can't find it while you at home much less when your at the lake.

I don't know about the strength difference, that's just what some have told me! I have had the Gamakatsu EWG hooks bend out on big fish in heavy cover so i want to get the strongest hook of the two.

Reaction Innovations is switching the manufacturer of their BMF Hooks and Barbs so they will be out for at least a couple of months.  I recently called their main office to ask about buying in bulk (they don't sell in bulk) and asked about their hooks, that news came straight from them.

Hmm...

I have never had any problems with Gamakatsu, but I recently

picked up some super heavy duty Owners. I don't think they can

be bent! However, my best suggestion is still the Daiichi XPoint:

http://ttiblakemore.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

I think GMAN knows where to buy them in bulk if you care.

8-)

I don't understand why more people don't sell in bulk. If somebody wants to buy a 1000 hooks, then sell them 1000 hooks. right? They save on about 200 packages that way too.

b

I don't understand why people don't buy in bulkit aint like hooks are going to go bad

Well, guess it's either wait or go with a different brand!