Sign in to follow this  
HydrillaKilla

Megastrike shake2 Jigs

3/8 oz is probably the best all-around weight. With your trailer,

the combined weight will be at least 1/2 oz which is great for casting.

If you fish deeper or in current, you'll want a few 1/2 oz, too.

8-)

I use 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16oz sizes most. I also have a few 3/8 and 1/2 oz sizes, but don't use them nearly as much

Having a variety of weights is much more important than having a variety of colors.

The 3/16 and 1/4 oz  are the most popular sizes BUt you can use any size with any style bait

Let me tell you-that 3/8 oz and a sweet beever is a killa technique. That swimbait also--swim it back and kill it.. I have caught them on the beds when the bass are spawning- I take a bluegill type bait and bring it through the bed-then kill it(stop it) on the bed -it goes nose down on the bed and the bass smack it. Give it slack and the tail raises up like its feeding-Great technique.

Here check out these applications             http://www.redshad.com/4Lee/

Bobby, great pictures, great idea's.

Agreed, those are great techniques I will have to try those sometimes.

Thanks for all the help! wow bobby the pics are great! i will be ordering mine tonight. where is the best place to get these online? i have been using broadway tackle, another site and tackle warehouse for everything.is there a better place to shop? thanks again

robbie

i just recieved my order of 3/16 and i tried putting a beaver on and the weight of it seems like it will not let it hold it standing up, and slowly fall over.. is it because the jig is too light? if so it will be disappointing cause i was planning on using creatures on it alot and they are just as heavy if not more. :-/

BB

These things are a pain in the tackle box.  They have to be placed on their side.  Even then, if the box gets jiggled, some will stand when you open the lid.  They are like the punching toys that keep returning to an upright position when you knock 'em over.

Regarding tipping over.  I believe they are primarily for a finesse presentation, which calls for lighter, smaller and/or floating baits.  

3/16 oz. is my favorite. Bobby gave me a great tip that makes an already great bait even better. Clean off the paint at the ends of the barbs that hold the bait on in essence sharpening them and the plastics will stay on much better.

If the bait has to much weight forward-then you have to go to a heavier weight Shake2. If the plastic overhangs the back past the bend of the hook-it should raise forward every time. I have put 8 in lizards as well as 10in worms on them.Even on the baits that are weighted forward-it will always land upright when it hits the bottom. Its what I want when flippng mats of grass ect.. I have tried plastic baits from different vendors and they all seem to work a little differently. that is due to the consistency of their plastic. each one is a little different.Experiment with different baits,weights and sizes,different bottom compositions ect. You will find your nitch.