Sign in to follow this  
PondBoss

Fluke But Better Life?

The Fluke bite is really hot right now on one of the ponds I fish. The problem is only getting 2-3 fish per bait. Something has to get more fish per bait. What is it? I've seen the ZMAN Elaztec plastics only on TV, they look like they last forever. Has anyone used them, and what were your findings?

Thanks,

Pondboss

I've used the Z-too by Strike King I believe and it worked pretty well. They will actually float the hook I normally use for flukes so I had to go to a size bigger hook and a heavier gauge wire to get it to sink but they are about indestructable. Just don't put them in with your regular plastics because they will break down and melt together. I don't know if they still make the Z-too but I'm sure the Zman baits are pretty similar.

I put my torn ones aside when fishing and fix them back up with Mendit when I get done. Ive probably fixed over 50 baits so far and haven't even put a dent in my first bottle yet. It works pretty well on the Flukes in all three of the punctured spots.

http://www.basstackledepot.com/mendit.aspx

I put my torn ones aside when fishing and fix them back up with Mendit when I get done. Ive probably fixed over 50 baits so far and haven't even put a dent in my first bottle yet. It works pretty well on the Flukes in all three of the punctured spots.

http://www.basstackledepot.com/mendit.aspx

That's a good solution. I just use PVC glue, works just the same for me.

Wow I catch 15 plus sometimes on 1 zoom super fluke on a 3 or 4/0 gammy skip gap there are some that get torn up on 1 fish but usually if I'm getting solid hook sets and not dinks getting the tail ill make a fluke last for ever

Durability depends on the color. The opaque colors like albino (one of my faves) are tougher than clear colors, like watermelon.

I use zoom smoking shad color

I've used the Z-too by Strike King I believe and it worked pretty well. They will actually float the hook I normally use for flukes so I had to go to a size bigger hook and a heavier gauge wire to get it to sink but they are about indestructable. Just don't put them in with your regular plastics because they will break down and melt together. I don't know if they still make the Z-too but I'm sure the Zman baits are pretty similar.

X2. The Yum Houdini Shad is another good option with a slightly larger profile. Don't forget the old standby Slug-Go.