Sign in to follow this  
Ramz

I Need A Crankbait Rod

I am mostly a finesse fisherman that uses spinning reels basically because I have not taken the time to master a baitcaster. I am trying to get a crankbait spinning outfit that allows me to rip the plug from grass when I feel it get hung up. The rods I have now just don't do the job. Can anyone lend me some tips.

What is your price range?

Without a price I would recommend Shimano Compre, Powell Max etc for around $100... My favorite crankin stick is a St. Croix Avid 70MHM but that's $190ish.

What is your price range?

Around $ 150- 200

Around $ 150- 200

Dobyns Savvy Spin Rod 7' Medium 703 is a great all around rod. St. Croix is awesome as well.

Since you want a spinning rod I would suggest looking at a St croix legend tournament walleye spinning rod deep cranker model TWS70MHM & retails for $230. I have used this rod going on 2 years & highly recommend it for crank baits.

Since you want a spinning rod I would suggest looking at a St croix legend tournament walleye spinning rod deep cranker model TWS70MHM & retails for $230. I have used this rod going on 2 years & highly recommend it for crank baits.

Good suggestion

i too have the tws70mhm, and it is exactly what i was looking for in a cranking spinning rod (i do alot of night fishing, and prefer spinning to casting reels anyways) i have a pflueger arbor on mine, and its very light and balances well, will not tire you out for hours of fishing... great rod.