krisjack69

Are These Spinnerbaits Tuned

post-2069-0-72013400-1307398647_thumb.jppost-2069-0-18157700-1307398551_thumb.jp I would like to know are these northstar spinnerbaits tuned.1/4 size.If not how would I tune it.I have needle nose pliers.I hope u can tell by these pics.

post-2069-0-72013400-1307398647_thumb.jppost-2069-0-18157700-1307398551_thumb.jp I would like to know are these northstar spinnerbaits tuned.1/4 size.If not how would I tune it.I have needle nose pliers.I hope u can tell by these pics.

They should run true,I have fished the NorthStar spinnerbaits and never had to ajust them! There are not like crankbaits!!!!!

Well I must have strong largemouth bass in my pond cause they bent the crap out of mine.Its a light wire which will bend which is why they work so good but they will bend when a fish attacks it sometimes.Not all just sometimes.I tuned it some but the one without the trailer hook was bent straight up till I bent it some with the needle nose pliers which I didn't know what the heck I was doing lol.Never caught a bass on a spinnerbait before now.I was using 3/8 sk premier plus spinnerbait which I hadn't caught a thing on.I did catch a fish on a manns vampire spinnerbait long time ago when they first came out.Now u cant find those anywhere.

I had to adjust them because the bass hammered the crap out of them. The wire of a few of them got bent straight from bass hitting the spinnerbait. I absolutely love his spinnerbaits and should've put in an order but the bait monkey suggested swimbaits and that's what I spent my money on.

the best way to tell, is to look at it from the front. If the piece of wire is bent out to the left or right, it needs to be "tuned". This is easily done by just bending it back into place. you can also tell if it needs to be tuned by the way it runs in the water. If it rolls over on one side or the other it is bent in some way and needs to be adjuted. As far as being more opened or closed, somebody correct me if I am wrong here, but all that does is effect how deep or shallow they run.

-gk

None of us can tell you if they're tuned or not by looking at a picture on a computer. You may have the wire bent up perfect and have everything aligned, and they can still be out of tune. You need to tie them on, and get them wet. If they come back to you sitting upright while moving, and they aren't leaning to one side or the other, you're in business. Always check them after a fish or two. Spinnerbaits will bend, you bend them back. Eventually the arms will break. It's part of fishing.

None of us can tell you if they're tuned or not by looking at a picture on a computer. You may have the wire bent up perfect and have everything aligned, and they can still be out of tune. You need to tie them on, and get them wet. If they come back to you sitting upright while moving, and they aren't leaning to one side or the other, you're in business. Always check them after a fish or two. Spinnerbaits will bend, you bend them back. Eventually the arms will break. It's part of fishing.

I guess I am so use to the terminator spinnerbaits lol.I have some of those that I never caught a fish one.Firetiger , Blue color an white is the colors I have and I dont remember the size tho.I never really had any luck with spinnerbaits until now.I maybe been using the wrong size for the pond.I was using a 3/8 spinners like I said earlier maybe the 1/4 size makes a difference.