Sign in to follow this  
JaxBasser

Okuma Cayenne

Anyone have any experience with this reel? They can be had for $70 right now which is a great deal. I'm just wondering how they perform.

I've been using one since our bass opener in may. Its a great reel at retail IMO. The braking adjustment is a little different than most reels, but it works good. It can be set at 2, 4, 6, or 8. I found that 4 works the best. Comparitively, I set my shimanos w/ 2 brakes on and my patriarch xt w/ 2 brakes also.

I would really like to pick up another cayenne while they are still on sale. They're very worth it.

I got one about a mounth ago and the reel is not smooth at all.With it set on the first brake setting you realy have to put alot of effort into the cast to get any distance.

I am going to try to send it back.

I got one about a mounth ago and the reel is not smooth at all.With it set on the first brake setting you realy have to put alot of effort into the cast to get any distance.

I am going to try to send it back.

Mines worked pretty well. Its not as nice as my chronarch or patriarch xt, but its $69.

I went ahead and ordered a Revo S for $85 from Gander Mountain. Couldn't resist for that price. Plus I get a $25 rebate since I just bought a Veritas.

Just stack the coupon code gmg20 ($20 off a $100 order) with the current reel sale they have and it takes the Revo S down to $85. Or you can get an $80 Citica 200e (have to add something tiny to your cart to get it over the $100 mark).