Sign in to follow this  
heyitskirby

New World Record Catfish Saturday At Buggs Island Lake

wow, thats one hell of a fish. i been trying to get out to kerr to catfish the last 2 years and it just hasnt happened. in fact i had planned to go this weekend that just finished but things came up and i had to move instead. figures someone catches a new world record blue cat, coulda been me lol

Wow!

The Mississippi River has dominated World Record catfish...Really surprising.

Wow!

The Mississippi River has dominated World Record catfish...Really surprising.

If you know your geography, I'm near Richmond and just a little upset that Buggs Island beat out the James River for the record. Glad to see it in VA, though.

I also read recently that regulations are about to change for the James River. Not sure how, but as I understand it, blue catfish are destroying blue crab populations down river. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

If you know your geography, I'm near Richmond and just a little upset that Buggs Island beat out the James River for the record. Glad to see it in VA, though.

I also read recently that regulations are about to change for the James River. Not sure how, but as I understand it, blue catfish are destroying blue crab populations down river. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

i hear ya i was hoping the james would claim the record myself. either way it's still a great fishery for huge fish

so now VA owns two world record fish, that's good stuff. WORLD RECORD white bass was caught on lake orange

Yeyuh! Commonwealth Represent!