Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Tackle The Storm!

Hey folks,

Just a note to let you know that www.tacklethestormfoundation.org is now live! It's not quite yet ready for prime time, but y'all are getting an advanced peak at it.

For those of you who aren't aware, the Tackle The Storm foundation was born from the ashes of the massive tornado outbreak earlier this spring. BassResource.com author Don Barone witnessed the devastation first hand, and was so moved by what he saw, that he felt compelled to do something. His mission was to outfit the children of the devastated areas with fishing gear so they could get back out on the water.

Knowing that we at BassResource.com are committed to getting children involved with the sport, he reached out to us for help. It was a natural fit, so we dove in. Gallery moderator Nate Follmer put his artistic skills to work and quickly created an outstanding logo, while Keri and I assisted with the creation of the non-profit group, as well as spreading the word.

Skeet Reese joined the fray by first donating 100 rods to the organization. Soon Skeet, Keri, Don, and I along with a few other folks became members of the board, and a 503c was borne! Pallets of donations started pouring in, and our first event was a raging success!

Now we're off to ICAST to get the industry involved and to grow this into a nation-wide movement.

More information can be found here: http://www.bassresource.com/fish-fishing

Check out the new website at http://www.tacklethestormfoundation.org and let us know what you think!

Thanks!

Glenn

Don had to can my logo... did you know that bobber's are trademarked? :'(

Anyway, cant beleive how fast that took off. Great cause and TTS already helped a ton of kids! Thanks to all involved!

Congratulations Glenn!!! That is a fantastic idea. If you ever need assistance in any way count me in.