Sign in to follow this  
MikeW

Hemlock Park - Clifton, Va

Has anyone fished at hemlock recently? I plan on going there monday to fish, and wanted to see if there were any specific spots. I assume upstream near the old dam is the best spot?

I went a few months ago and went further upstream and saw some large small mouth bass, but they could've been carp in hindsight.

l fished there alot in the 90's. The larger pools upstream and downstream always produced some quality fish. l always perfered the fishing upstream..

WHich trail at Hemlock is best for reaching the water? I went there once and took the wrong trail. Then I got annoyed at some weirdo eyeballing me and left. Never fished the place even though I heard there are some decent smallies.

I stayed out late sudany and never made it on monday...darn.

But when you park in the parking lot, theres a rock/dirt/mud trail that goes downhill and leads to the stream. There's a gate/road that goes up, I'm pretty sure thats to the adventure camp so I never drive up that.

http://www.switchfisher.com/navigation/smallmouth/Occoquan-Hemlock.html

Got it. That's what I figured. Only time I went there I followed bad advice and drove thru the camp, which led me to the trail that runs by a pond. Not what I was looking for. Thanks for the corrected info.